What's your routines

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D-Jhepz, Jun 18, 2013.

1. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

I'm bored and curious as to how do you guys fit in hours for music finding, making, mixing, gf/womans, mates, substances etc...

usually i get up at about 8:20, shower get to work for 9 the next 8 hours dnt matter...
    get home poor a drink and go straight onto my laptop, telling myself im gonna go gym tomorrow... occasionally il stick a couple of mixing before hand for a la inspiration
    then until about 11 i attempt making tunes... fap then sleep and repeat 5 days a week..

friday and saturday (weekend) im not entire surely what i do...

i find it difficult to fit in searching through shit music to find gooduns, mixing thus found musics, trying to watch tutorials cos im stuck on the idea the more hour u spend the more u get out of it :(

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

get woken up by alarm at 7:00, ignore it
    get woken up by 2nd alarm at 7:30, ignore it
    get woken up by 3rd and final alarm at 8:00, ignore it
    wake up at 9 in a blind panic because i'm late for work again. Get dressed and ready in about 5 minutes, fuck breakfast, have a fag on the way to the taxi rank.

get into work, pass time on here, don't tell the accountant when i've finished what he asked me to do until he asks me if i've finished, therefore i mostly get away with not doing very much all day. Go for lunch at 1:00 and chow down some KFC/McDonalds/shawarma, grab a costa, go back to work and continue to pass time on here until 5.

Get home, maybe open a tune i've been working on, tweak a few bits and leave it, maybe have a mix, watch a TV series i'm currently into, eat something, more mixing tweaking and tv. fapfapfapfapfap, bed.

rinse and repeat.

3. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

didnt know u made music... link a brother up...

also standard procedure dnt tell the boss uve finished until he asks... also a little trick i learnt from experience, if you allowed, if you take ur hour lunch at like 2 come back 3 then second part of day, the part u really wish would hurry seems quicker... a bit of psychological trickier

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i think my unemployed routine is way more funnier to post.

wake up at round noon, having slept 5 hours since you dont need sleep when you dont have a job.
    wake up with eyes closed, which was new for me, i used to wake up the moment my eyes opened, but when all hope is gone, it seems you wake up with eyes close, hoping to stay in dreamland i guess.
    anyway reach out with whatever arm closest to floor, grab wine bottle. down most of it, open dnbforum on laptop. mixlr and contemplate what to get high on. play guitar, ignore phone. decide what to get high on, be high for the rest of that day and long into the night. hate myself intesnely, constantly, relentlessly. and worry, the all consuming worrying dominating your every thought.

and then one day, get a job and everything changes, and youre back in the torrent of life just like that. funny how things go hey.

Rusket and MARKLAR like this.
  5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i take my lunch from 1-2, as the 2 other guys in my office take their lunch/mosque break at 2. so i get the office to myself for an hour.

also, i don't have much worth listening to, still very much amateur hour, but i do upload the occasional half-arsed WIP

https://soundcloud.com/rysk-uk

6. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

lol my weekend is pretty much the same...

thursday night i tell myself im staying in to do music... drinking a bottle of voddy by 11/12 im like right im going out.. when where with who doesnt matter... i end up somewhere no really know how i cnt there or wat im doing usually with no one... drinking copious amounts of alcohol... get home find the best "over the counter" to attended my drunken state... take too many chunder, come up start hearing voices laugh... fap fap fapfapfafafafafap take more chunder think what the fuck am i doing to myself im a cunt fml... take more... mix.. chunder... shit the suns coming up i was meant to do shit tomoz... sleep... wake up round 5pm fuck didnt do anything get a kfc... dont worry i say il start gym after the weekend... repeat

7. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

Get up, go to work, go gym after work, mix, drink a little, sleep, repeat.

8. jungle_fever

jungle_fever Well-Known Member

so spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

ha! again so on point!

9. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

10. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

various sample packs.

11. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

helpful thank you

- - - Updated - - -

logikz how do u fund this

12. jungle_fever

was thinking the same. or is it something we shouldnt be asking?

13. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

D-Jhepz likes this.
  14. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I moved into my own place just over a year ago. Less than 1min walk to the office. Can see my house from the smoking area and from my floor lol. Changed my routine significantly because of this.

So i get up around 8.30am for a 9.30 start. This involves ironing a shirt for the day, bit of coffee, oats, toast. Sometimes scrambled egg if i can be assed. Oats are the main one, bulking up and ting. Before i leave i run through my checklist "phone..wallet...keys..fags..pass".

Usually go on lunch around 2pm, i come back home for lunch, fix myself some food, then get everything done that needs doing (put washing on, tidy up, etc). I do it at lunch because im still in work mode so its not so much of a chore. Plus when i get home everythings done so all i need to do is make some dinner and then im free as a bird.

Finish work at 6, home by 6.02. Got no annoying jobs to do when i get back because i did it all on lunch while i was still in work mode :D.

Now i'll usually finish off any web design work i got to do, skin up, have a mix, maybe go on a tune hunt. If my housemates are in the living room then skin up again, watch a film/episode of something with them. Get into bed for around mid night, flick on bbc3 for the family guy and american dad double bills, set the sleep timer on the tv to an hour, skin up a littleun and somehow drift off. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Protistutions legal in the 'Dam.

15. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

i miss my weed :(

16. jungle_fever

wake up at 5 unintentionally. Think too much about going back to sleep so end up lying in my bed awake for 2 hours. just when i finally do manage to get back to sleep, 1st alarm goes off (7.15)...2nd alarm goes off (7.20)....3rd alarm goes off (7.22).

Shower. get dressed into crumpled suit lying on the floor. Breakfast bar dipped in yoghurt. read paper (telegraph).

drive to work (1 hour) (bbc radio 2 - i dont mind chris evans and nick grimshaw is a cunt). arrive at work.

TOP TIP - open dnbforum and make the window size the same as one of the panels of microsoft outlook so it looks like an email. boring work. only do what im told and never offer to do anything.

2.30 - take lunch break. go out to car and get a sandwich and sit in car for 1 hour and try and sleep (the people in the office irritate me too much for me to sit there for an hour and hear them discuss washing machine speeds and the school run this morning and installing a catflap on the weekend (no joke these are the hot subjects in the office atm). much prefer jeremy vine on radio 2 and a nap.

back to work. try and organize a property viewing if possible. finish at 5.15

drive back home (radio 1 or cd for the drive back). normally a fuel stop for diesel, coke and a red pepperami (cigarettes if needed - Mayfair).

get home. throw suit on the floor put on normal clothes. see who is about. eat some food. go to pub. moan to people about how boring work is and how expensive pints and cigs are how we are gunna get seriously loose on the weekend.

drive home. watch tv. dnbforum/facebook/discogs want list/bbc news. try and sell some shit on facebook/ebay. look for bargains on ebay. realize its 12am. sigh. go to bed.........

.....repeat

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha same in exactly that order!!

- - - Updated - - -

dynamite thread btw.. kudos

logikz likes this.
  17. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

i too every night wake up at like 3:47 :s so rare...

also i got 2 screens so i load excel on one and outlook on other behind dnbf and alt+tab when ever someone is coming my way

- - - Updated - - -

there is an occasional good idea in me

18. Gumby

Gumby New Member

:word: This. Its all about living close to work (y)

19. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

i chose to move away from work so i have the special car time where i can place louder music than most clubs... solo car time is more important that my daily work faps

20. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Yeah, when i was hunting for somewhere to live i realised im just gonna increase my outgoings so much by moving somewhere that'd require trains etc to get to work.

Figured if im moving out anyway i might as well make it as sensible as possible and move close to work. Saving £140 a month not having to pay out for railcards, and saving soooo much money not having to go sainsburys, subway, tesco etc at lunch.

Just go home, stick some pasta on, or maybe a couple of toasties. Dirt cheap and good food.

Also in my routine usually get a 1 hr workout 4 days a week. If i got plans on my workout day i'll train on lunch so i dont have to do it after work.