What's Your Favourite Mc & Why?

You people must b into commerial shit coz most london mc's are shit and i am ashamed i was born there, herbize speaks like johnaton ross, fatman d is a wannabe, fun is in a pussy crew, harry shotta speaks shit and u can't understand his lyrics and of course borin borin eksman same old shit.

Niggaz need to b buckin dere ideas up. because dese cats aren't impressing.

Shadow Demon and Bassman are heavy mc's, Orignal style and Trigga ma black person iya master.

the language apart....had to laugh at that post, eksman same old shit.....bassman comes up with new stuff all the time, riiight.

You people must b into commerial shit coz most london mc's are shit and i am ashamed i was born there, herbize speaks like johnaton ross, fatman d is a wannabe, fun is in a pussy crew, harry shotta speaks shit and u can't understand his lyrics and of course borin borin eksman same old shit.

Niggaz need to b buckin dere ideas up. because dese cats aren't impressing.

Shadow Demon and Bassman are heavy mc's, Orignal style and Trigga ma black person iya master.

ahh Mr Voice we meet again lol.

Lok-I my fav mc, don'y really like the rest that much.

Has to be Eksman definately da best man, not so much of late but around 04-06. Top notch ryhmes and flow.

Youve probably heard a DOA Studio Mix wid Eksy and Wildchild prob about 2005. Some hella gangsta ryhmes. To this day apart from maybe Prophecy (Skib and Fearless) is the best set wid a MC ive heard.

Fatmand D and GQ are both rudebwoys too!! :D

:rave:

GQ by far my favourite...know's how to hype up a crowd, spit lyrics and most importantly knows when to shut up and let the DJ do their thing.

Every set i've heard him on is gold, not one particular fav.

Other good MC's include

UK MC'S...

Dynamite MC
Verse
SP
Fearless
Skibadee
Stamina
Harry Shotta
Jakes

Here in Toronto...

Caddy Cad
Natural MC
Lucky General
Trajady
Bandit
Hype One
Danger D

Last edited:
hard question... lot of good mcs out der... 2000-2004 skibz, MC MC --> got one of the best flows and one of the best voices for me, MC det one of my faves 2 --> voice... Fearless ---> flow... dont like eksi now for 2 years... hyped like...

Hyper D, Fearless, LowQui, Shabba and Det, skibz and eks are good but their lyrics are just cumbersome to listen to now. GQ is a great mc too, just not heard him much.

Hyper D is a timeless mc, if he was around nowadays he would wipe the floor with any dnb mc around handsdown, he has style, rythm, masses of flow and understands the role of the mc, now that i've listened to more sets of him, i'm sad he is'nt around today because he would show, alongside GQ and Fearless, and Det how to mc, skibs came close in the 90's but he's below par now imo

Fearless really knows how to make a set sound great, and smashes it better than Eks, Skibs etc when he really wants to, and in the older jungle packs he tore sets up, not to mention being a great hype mc.

Shabba is a great mc too and can smash it when he wants to but like many mc's he is very hit and miss and like skibs he calles too many reloads.

Det is imo really underrated, brilliant voice, sometimes i dont know what he saying :D, but he tears up any set for me.

LowQui is my new favourite among the others because like GQ and SP he knows when to shut up for a good tune or complement it. He's versatile as well, spitting fast lyrics when he wants and slowing down for others, he's up there with the best imo, and his lyrics are good as well, it's no wonder Goldie favours him, just listen to the Goldie set at One Nation 08.

There are other good mc's like Fun and Shotta but like Skibz and others they make the rave all about themselves and dont know when to shut the fuck up on tunes, it seems they forget the DJ is the focus and they are their to complement him/her and not call reloads when a tight mix is going on. EDIT: Prime example is the Drum and Bass Arena Zen Mix- sick tunes, but UNCZ overshadowed the tunes could barely hear alot of them, and while they smashed it they seemed to forget it was about the mix and showcasing Zen's talent and new dubs.

EDIT:The way i see it, a raver/listener would not like to hear a DJ play similar shit 24/7 and not innovate, that's how many MC's need to not be like, some fresh lyrics from time to time would be good and im not talking 'target practice' crap, and also looking for feedback from ravers/listeners, i'm sure that's how many DJ's improve while they improve their mixing.

Last edited:
OK here we go, my current top 5 in order, but this can change week to week...
GQ
IC3
SP
Eksman
Foxy

harry shotta's is the daddy these dayz, or maybe evil b..... any1 else is fuckin boring or outdated, these 2guys styles and flows have saved the mc side of drum and bass!! no question..... Big up the harry shotta tho, gnna b no.1 in near future!!

Back
Top Bottom