Whats your favourite jump up tune

Tyke & Recipe - The Music Makers

Never understood the term 'jump-up'. Is this aimed at the gun finger idiots at the front of a rave who can't skank?

Look in the middle and at the back, where the real heads are. When a tune is dirrrrty, then peeps really do Get Lo

BOOM
KICKS YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE, THEN RIPS OUT YOUR BALLS AND SHITS ON THEM

AARRGGHH :mad:

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

another fave

Last edited by a moderator:
dont have many favourites, hell i only like a few, but always found something special about this piece of filth.

die & clipz - monorail
g dub - tink ya bad
hazard - busted
krust - freak show
levela - parasite
northern lights & serum - bad boys
os & taxman - 97 style - why didnt this get played more? absolutely rude
taxman - too bad

...thinking about it, i need to do an all jump-up mix!

Bit of an odd one here but i like it..

plus- gdub - mars attackz
gdub- bodysnatchers... etc

definatly not gdubs remix of bassass or system check - awful tracks.

Tyke & Recipe - The Music Makers

Never understood the term 'jump-up'. Is this aimed at the gun finger idiots at the front of a rave who can't skank?

Look in the middle and at the back, where the real heads are. When a tune is dirrrrty, then peeps really do Get Lo

According to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump-Up_%28electronic_music%29

The term is derived from the earlier use of "jump-up" to refer to tracks with often ambient intros which altered their style at the drop, often by breaking into amen breakbeats. This would make the crowd "jump up" and dance. Around 1994 it began to be more exclusively applied to records with hip hop samples and oscillating basslines, such as Suburban Bass artists Dream Team and DJ Hype, and by 1995 more specifically to the style associated with DJ Zinc and Ganja Records.

Back
Top Bottom