What's your biggest track

duckstep

Speaking in length and complexity what is your biggest track that you have spent most time on.
Name in days/weeks how long you spent on it, how many sound track channels you had and how many mixer channels.

This is the current song that im working on which is a dnb remix of "Oasis - Wonderwall"

Time spent:About 3 weeks on this song, including sleep time.
Sound tracks: 29
Mixer channels: 47
Project status: About halfway done with the song.
Time in music production:3 months.

longesttrackmixerchanne.png

longesttracksoundtracks.png

This project is starting to grow so much in size that im considering resampling specific groups of instruments so i get less soundtrack channels aswell as mixer channels.

Doing this removes some of the control i have of all parts of the song though. :(

Edit: Also god bless the color system fl studio have, in small projects they are next to pointless but if your doing a big one its impossible to keep track of everything without it.

Last edited:
I have this one that has been untouched for a while, started it at this january, total time spent so far is over 30 hours, cant even listen it in my daw anymore it eats too much cpu. 50 mixer tracks.

87577652.png

Tried to make the playlist a bit better by making it smaller. You get the idea.

And what do you mean by soundtracks?

Last edited:
link some wip audio am intrigued
Is that @ me or the other person that responded to this thread?

Elzerk said:
And what do you mean by soundtracks?
I mean the amount of sound tracks that you have in your project. My second image is of the soundtracks in my project.
The image that you posted shows that you have 32 sound tracks.

Oh yeah I see, not every sound is on it's own track in that one, yea it's a mess.

I have 8 sound track channesl for a intro break atm that includes automation volumen control etc, so if i shorten the amount of channels i would merge those into "intro break". And then later combine it with all the drums and put them in a channel called "drums".
But i loose the control of every little part of the song doing this so no point doing it untill im 100% happy with those parts.

not sure if it's my biggest but it's fairly big. not often smaller than this at least.

Time spent: 5/6 hours
Sound tracks: about 40
Mixer channels: about 50
Project status: basicly finished
Time in music production: 5 years - 2 years seriously 3 years titing about

ohhhh this is like top trumps!

0af721f3.jpg

Heard here -

Last edited:
Sound tracks: ?
-_- This is the second time i explain in this thread what i mean with sound tracks.

Sound tracks = tracks. ie "track 1"

You have around 70 sound tracks in your song.

Edit: Also that is a pretty bigass project, gj mate. Your gonna have to spend a lot of time mixing :D Have fun!

-_- This is the second time i explain in this thread what i mean with sound tracks.

Sound tracks = tracks. ie "track 1"

You have around 70 sound tracks in your song.

Edit: Also that is a pretty bigass project, gj mate. Your gonna have to spend a lot of time mixing :D Have fun!

Thanks. But fortunately someone else is gonna mix it :P

I usually have around 10 to 13 just for drums but i usually have them all as one shots to..

Then depending on the genre, another 5 to 15, lots of those would be efx..

usually wind up with around 5 or 6 efx channels and a couple groups to.

The last remix i did got well over 100 tracks in the end, took about 2 weeks to write and mix.

Generally though it varys so much depending on the tune. i often prefer working on the simpler tracks but its harder to make a simple track sound good (IMO).

you can listen to the latest remix in my sig.

Back
Top Bottom