What's your best star or planet or so

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Saturn's moon Encaladus is pretty interesting, the crust is ice followed by deep ocean, then rock. Might be something alive under there. It's also really tiny with weak gravity, so if civilisation ever evolved there they would probably figure out space travel much more easily compared to humans
in 2003 they sent a probe to one of saturns moons to drill through the ice because they thought it was likely to have a liquid centre, but i dont remember what it was called. its possibly phobos or europa, unless it was encaladus, but it sounds like thats a more recent discovery?

at the same time as they sent this probe, they discovered lake vostok and they said it would take 7-17 years to explore lake vostok, and by the time that was ready, the probe would have landed and started drilling on this frozen moon too. i dont know if you read about lake vostok, but they did indeed get down there, eventually, and the discoveries were groundbreaking and scientifically amazing, but didnt look like anything special to me, it was piles of bacteria that had been left alone and allowed to develop undisturbed for loooads of time, but there was no aliens down there or nothing.

point is, i wonder what happened with that probe, that was supposed to be finished by now, wonder if they found something.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
there is this neil degrasse tyson bit when hes in his normal interview situation, i forget where, it could be radio, it could be podcast, it could be tv, but they bring up "uranus" and how funny it is to pronounce it "your anus", to which he replies "that is an abomination! to pronounce it like that is really stupid, so stupid its an abomination! its not 'your anus', its pronounced 'oohr-aah-noos'" which is really fucking funny because thats not how you say it haha noone says "oohr-aah-noos", the correct pronounciation is "yerra-nis" so what the fuck was neil talking about? could he have been trolling? because i really think he didnt know, and was shouting abomination this and abomination that, and then he doesnt know how to say it right anyway

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
It's down a lane,

I will try take a picture next time I go. I see shooting stars there all the time its quite magical actually.