Whats ya set up???

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
Thought i would start a thread to see what the DJs in DnB furum are spinnin on???

do ya rate ya set up? would ya change it?? what do ya want for ya decks? any hot tips for decent equipment???

i am using 2 Technics 1210s, a Technics SHMZ1200 mixer, Denon DNS1000 CD Deck, Korg Kaoss 2 shure M447 needles n carts n sony Heads,

really want a Pioneer CDJ cos when ever i play any were its always pioneer n i cant use it cos i am used to mine!!!

fill me in on what ya using!!!:rolf:

Decks2.jpg
[/IMG]

ave a look ...

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p319/1atomicam/?action=view&current=Decks2.jpg

Last edited:
currently have.

2 x technics 1210s mk 5
2 x shure m44-7 needles, carts and technics headshell
2 x ortofon concorde nightclub e's
behringer djx700 mixer (currently wanting to upgrade)
1 x serato fun box (currently looking to sell, open to offers ;))
and hopefully by the weekend i should be the owner of a numark axis 4 cd deck

custom made my deck stand and all that bizzle.

a friends my camera, so i'll post pics in due time.... ya na.

2X PDX-2000 MKII PRO <--- BY FAR THE BEST DECKS EVER!!
Stanton Trackmaster Needles
DJM-800
Powerbook PRO
Ableton LIVE
Alesis AirFX

All flight cased

Speaker systems:-

Musik Fidelity Pro Studio AMP
2X JBL Control 8 Passive Monitors Mid-Field
2X JBL Control 8 Passive Monitors Near-Field
6X QED AUDIO 2 Silver Audio Phono-Phono
4X SPEAKON SPEAKER CABLE

Taken me ages to get this set-up....... well worth the wait and money!

well... i've got two tired old techincs and a mixer that's looks even older. what i do have to be proud of is two sickmats with pictures of a boob on each*

2xTechnics sl1200 mk2s
2xStanton disc Master needles
1xBehringer DDM4000 (I actually really like this mixer!!)
2xGlowtronics slipmats with skulls on them
1.Sony MDR-V500 headphones

All plugged into a kenwood hifi.... i'm gonna get myself some technics seperates off ebay and a nice set of speakers at some point in the near future aswell

Thought i would start a thread to see what the DJs in DnB furum are spinnin on???

do ya rate ya set up? would ya change it?? what do ya want for ya decks? any hot tips for decent equipment???

i am using 2 Technics 1210s, a Technics SHMZ1200 mixer, Denon DNS1000 CD Deck, Korg Kaoss 2 shure M447 needles n carts n sony Heads,

really want a Pioneer CDJ cos when ever i play any were its always pioneer n i cant use it cos i am used to mine!!!

fill me in on what ya using!!!:rolf:

Decks2.jpg
[/IMG]

ave a look ...

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p319/1atomicam/?action=view&current=Decks2.jpg

Im a bit clueless as to how you manage to use the pitch as its next to the wall - doesnt that make things a bit tricky - i have always had my decks positioned normally where the left deck has the pitch is next to my mixer an the ryt deck is next to the wall? I think i would find it quite hard reachin all the way over the deck to change the pitch - actully that would really piss me off. Plz let me know why you do that??????:teeth:

I know mate i always did have em normal but then i got my CD deck n didnt have e nuff room for the lot on my plank of wood!....i like a scratch tho and this way works better....ya get used to it mate.

Im a bit clueless as to how you manage to use the pitch as its next to the wall - doesnt that make things a bit tricky - i have always had my decks positioned normally where the left deck has the pitch is next to my mixer an the ryt deck is next to the wall? I think i would find it quite hard reachin all the way over the deck to change the pitch - actully that would really piss me off. Plz let me know why you do that??????:teeth:

thats how a Scratch/Battle dj wud have the decks so the arm is not in the way of where u wanna scratch, i have mine set up like this atm, but only cuz there aint enuff space, its not like i have to reach any futher!

ive got the old belt drives out at the min, doing my head in

yeah, i find no difference at all between them!
any1 know how to make my belts better? i cant afford to get directs atm!

yeah, i find no difference at all between them!
any1 know how to make my belts better? i cant afford to get directs atm!

yeh you buy nicer buckles from any good clothing store...

you cant bro!.... belt drives are belt drives..... they will always slip and are always going to be shit..... i dont even know why they still make them!??

just save up as quick as you can and get yourself some decent directs...... dont bother getting any other in between getting yourself technics or vestaxs either.... will be a waste of money.... just save yourself up £800-£900 and go and buy the best!!

its an expensive game but its defo worth forkin out a wedge for technics or vestex cos they are indestructable if ya passionate bout mixin n ya music. its sometimes worth pickin up second hand technic cos there dont wear easily and spin nice for years n years.

yeah, im gunna go 4 the technics i think!
me an my mate got 2 1210s and a gemmini mixer 4 £200 when we wer 14-15 off his cousin but he sold them a few years back, stupid when i think back!

just thought a stronger elastic band mite make them alittle better!
they aint mine anyway, im just borrowin them, so i dont care!

also my mates lookin at a pair of stanton t60's and a numark Dm 2050 for £289
he asked me what i thought about them, i duno what to say? are they any good?

My set up is way, way more ghetto -

2 x DD Numark Turntables (8 years old, shite, but do the job)
Ortofon Concorde Pro S Carts
Marantz amp (£20 from cash coverters, bout 9 years old)
Vestax PMC 06 mixer (simple but sturdy, never breaks!)
Sony speakers on speaker stands to make them head height
Sennheiser Headphones (I forget the model, they were a present)

And that's it - yup I know pretty basic, and sounds like it's horrible, but actually sounds pretty good, every time I move it into a new room (I move house a lot), I spend the first month or so constantly tweaking the levels on the mixer and amp to get it sounding just how I like it (you have to do this as different rooms have different effects on the sound).

Also the speaker stands are really, really important - if anyone hasn't got these I recommend you add these to your list right away - if you look at any decent club set up the monitor is always at head height (or pointing at the head form above). I used to have them sitting on the table with my decks, but you can't hear certain frequencies clearly like this...

Bet nobody can beat that for a ghetto set up! But in my defence, I must have over a thousand records, so you can see where they money's gone!

2 x Numark 1625 turntables
1 x Kam kcm 450 mixer
2 x Numark groove tool needles and cartridges

Upgrading the lot soon

Mine consists of...
2x Technics SL1210 MK5G Turntables
Numark DXM06 Mixer
2x Shure Whitelabel Cartridges
Sennheisers HD25-1 MK2

And my speakers are absolute shite... Next thing on the list me thinks...

hip hop battle stylee......

thats how i have mine too...

You know hat i find quite funny about these threads......

at least 50% of the people that list their gear are just bullshiting! hahaha........

Back
Top Bottom