What's wrong with the US?

Why is the US so lame when it comes to Dnb and that style? All the good shows are overseas somewhere!! There is definitely nothing good around Chicago, thats for sure! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

so:
Hive, Gridlock, Echo, Kaos, Dieselboy, Busdriver, Evol Intent, Ohm crew, and many other US artists are nuthin to be proud of then, eh?

And furthermore, the states is where youre most likely to catch many of the hottest Brits, Tech itch, Dylan, Dom 7 Roland, Skynet...

Unless a good night for you is Grooverider, Twisted Individual, and Andy C, the US is the place to be imo..

Problem with the US is travelling distances.

That's it.

The DJs don't want to be DJing throughout the evening and into the small hours of the morning because

1) they can't do as many gigs as they can in the UK, so their travelling expenses eat into their money more

2) travelling long distances is much harder on the brain and concentration than just a short(er) trip down the motorway for 30 minutes

3) America's so bloody huge! The great thing about the UK is that ravers can mix and mingle and go to different events in London, Manchester, Birmingham, and get back on the first train in the morning. You just can't do that in America, to get to an East cost event if you lived in the middle of America or towards the West it's not just a trip, it's a mission... I hear my mates talking about their three hour car journey to a rave, and I think fuck me, that's just not fun, it takes all the spontaneity out of raving. It's something special to be able to get on a train in the evening, get to the event in 2 hours (including walking), get in, rave your socks off, go home the next morning.

America's too big. If somewhere like Texas was cleared out of all the locals and converted into the Lone Rave State, that'd be much simpler.

xen said:
America's too big. If somewhere like Texas was cleared out of all the locals and converted into the Lone Rave State, that'd be much simpler.

Takes 13 hours to drive across Texas. I dont think thatll solve anything, altho it sounds cool.

At least Texas'd be put to better use than it is now ;)

You could form a UK-like microclimate, it takes about 13 hours to get from one end of this country to the other via train so just imagine the UK on its side. :D Put in raves in all the appropriate places relative to geographical location, and bosh there you go - UK2! Complete with matching venue and railway & motorway network.

Oh, and the legal minimum drinking age would be put down to 18, as it should be, legal minimum driving age be put up to 17 (with provisional license, referably 18 ) cause omg the Americans don't let people drink until 21 but they let people drive an instrument of destruction and carnage from 16 - good job there, and knives & guns would be banned totally. The NRA and Mr. Heston can go fuck themselves if they think they'll get a foothold in our raver state.

:slayer:

xen said:
America's too big.

:bruce: ding ding

basically taking the dnb population of london and spreading it across a huge country. a lot of U.S. cities get really good dj's though, just the crowds are not very big.

i'll be in illinois june 18th. not chicago but southern part of Ill.. w/ dj lee, dylan, kaos, craze, mc sharpness. lots of other non-dnb headliners and regionals/locals. some cave shit http://catalyticsouls.com/undergroundsound/images/flyerback.jpg

Very cool!!! I will definitely be at your show. I live in the central part of Illinois so it is only about a 4 hour drive to get to the southern part. Can't wait too see you and Dylan krushing the competition.

Back
Top Bottom