Whats wrong with my setup???

Double Trouble

Double Trouble
Hi all,

My setup has recently stopped working properly and I am out of ideas, any help would be v.appreciated :)

Spec:

Cubase 5
AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor
Saphire Motherboard
Realtek ALC662 Audio drive (not 100% on this)
8GB DDR2 RAM
500GB Hard drive
Gainward GTS 450 Graphics Card

When running a track, Cubase lags; clicks and crackles during playback. Also, looking at the mixer, there is a constant (small) signal going through the Stereo In.. It's quite odd, 80% of the signal is only going through the left channel.

This has never happened before, my setup used to run very smoothly with no issues.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks.

Doesn't sound like much fun, couple of things you could checkout If you didn't already,

Maybe update your drivers, whatever it is you use, apparently Asio4all are most stable,

maybe you have a Latency problem? try adjusting your latency settings (but keep a record of the original ones)
or
possibly increase or decrease your sample rate temporarily When I use Ableton and I get this problem changing the sample rate seems to fix it, maybe different in Cubase

possibly have not enough space on your harddrive, I think 20% is the recommended minimum

possibly using too much cpu, maybe have a lot of reverb vsts on different channels, that will definately make the computer lag

you may have thought of these already,If not hope you find the solution.

Update your audio drivers matey.
If that doesnt work, sample rates are whatcha need to look at.

I had the same thing with sonar.

cheers people im pulling my hair out here?? im downloading new drivers now iv played with the sample rate with no joy. ill let you know if the driver update worked

ok just updated drivers and its stopped everything apart from alittle clicking here and there i think iv played with everything now and cant seem to stop it any1 got any more ideas???

constant small signal = noise from, mostly likley, your audio interface, check the routing in the software mixer, turn everything down, in/out/internal/monitor/etc, then slowly bring things back up until you find the problem. your audio interface might be on its way out too, turn everything down, synths, keyboards, mixers, whatever you have plugged in, then unplug them, add them in one at a time and adjust their mixer settings until you find the problem

Realtec audio....well clicks and noise are to be expected from them to be honest! if you can, get yourlsef a cheap Audiophile 2496 card

@mist cheers 4 the advice mate managed to sort the input signal out defo need to upgrade from realtek thou. just get a little click here and there in playback seems to be when theres a few vst's running

Cheap ole soundblaster PCI card solved ALL my audio problems ive ever had btw. So might well be worth an investment.
Try buying cubase 5 instead of running a cracked copy >.< that will most likely sort your problems. I had a cracked vrsion of cubase 5 and i had similar problems....

Back
Top Bottom