DnB What's wrong on this track?

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
Why I'm getting so self critical?
It is really a proppa shit or it's just my impression?
What is going wrong on this tune?
I can't finish it without feeling to adjust the sound every time I open the project, ending up in a different sound each edit... So consuming...
especially cus I cannot focus on arrangement.

Last edited:
Like the sound, especially how you place the drums :) For me, though, it feels like the low end is a bit thin. Not sure if it is just me, not really listening to it with a mentionworthy set of speakers atm... But more drive in the low end wouldn't hurt, I think or make the kick more present (Probably goes under "more low end", but yeah...). Feels like it is drowning sometimes, to me.

I remember about 6 month's ago I was being extremely self critical about my work. And if I remember correctly you came in and basically told me to snap out of it lol! Oh how the tables have turned my friend! ;)

Horrible isn't it? I feel for ya, I really do. But you know what to do. Push through it, and find something new to learn, it'll open you up for a whole heap of inspiration and drive! Since putting drum and bass on hold, and moving over to deep dubstep (real dubstep, not that skrillex shit) I've never felt so driven! My productions have stepped up ten fold, I'm producting solid tracks on a weekly basis with no vision of slowing down any time soon. I've been picked up by Soundproof Records, and Fat Kid On Fire want to do an exclusive feature with me. I've got a 4 track EP in the works right now with some of the best work I have ever done. And I'm now in contact with some of the biggest names in the dubstep scene on a regular basis.

I guess what I'm saying is keep being critical of yourself. If you know you can do better, then that alone is enough to drive you onwards and better yourself. Don't settle for ok, push for groundbreaking!

The high-end on those hats in the opening are a bit strong IMO. Also, the bass at 20 was a bit too loud but it balanced out after that. Other than that, I think that the tune is pretty dope, great unique drum pattern

The sounds are nice, mix sounds ok, but the tune is just not happening. Move on. Some tunes work, some don't. I don't know. it's voodoo or something, sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom