Whats with people that don't follow you back on Soundcloud?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So I just noticed on my sc account that theres a lot of people who I've followed and haven't followed me back. Now I'm not talking about big name producers who have many thousands of followers, I'm talking about 'low level' producers with small numbers of followers who don't follow you back.

Now the only reasons I can think of for this are; 1) Not feeling your tunes. Well thats fine, but I always find its polite to follow ppl back if they have taken the time to check me out, and even if i'm not into the type of music they make. 2) Arrogance. They feel as though they deserve to be 'bigger', and feel you are too 'smalltime' to be worthy of following back.

So whats the deal here, anyone got any thoughts on this?

(And btw, I found this little app thing called 'The Soundcloud CircleJerk' which shows who isnt following you back ;) - http://soundcloud.onloop.net )

man dnt wanna sound like a dick but really? you should expect people to follow back just cos you follow them, as you said they may not be digging your tunes etc...? i follow people cos i like there shit, they say they give a dl at a certain amount of followers, or for updates of future tunes, dnt expect them to follow back or even listen to my tunes, thats a bit childish

I always find its polite to follow ppl back if they have taken the time to check me out, and even if i'm not into the type of music they make.

Polite? More like wasting time.

(And btw, I found this little app thing called 'The Soundcloud CircleJerk' which shows who isnt following you back ;) - http://soundcloud.onloop.net )

Kinda paranoid.

Honestly, I only follow back because I always love hearing new music, whatever the genre is.

Following back because it's polite is a waste of my time.

Tbh a lot lately I've been feeling the exact opposite mate. If someone follows me, and leaves a comment, I try to check out their stuff and return the favour, but there are lots of people that follow you to try and get new followers for themselves without even checking your tracks, then within a couple of days they unfollow. That's why I'm picky with who I follow back. I'd rather have people that actually like what I do follow me, than someone that just wants to make themselves look popular and hadn't even listened to my music.

There are the ones too that leave a comment saying 'yeah this is nice' You then go check there sent comments, and see that they've just copied and pasted it to 500 others

people actually do that?! now that is a more of thread topic call annoymous hack them kill them

Too many mate. I'd say 30-40% of people that follow me are people that do exactly that. A good tale tell sign as well is when they follow over 2000 people! Why would anyone seriously follow that many people lol

Yeah for me they have to leave a comment or favourite something just to show they're real. Otherwise all you get are people following you who haven't listened to any of your 'tracks' or are using software to follow and unfollow you.

Some cunt did that to me for 60 days straight it was only after I pm'd him a couple of times (he tried to say he had no idea how it was happening) and left abusive messages on this page that he stopped.

Yeah for me they have to leave a comment or favourite something just to show they're real. Otherwise all you get are people following you who haven't listened to any of your 'tracks' or are using software to follow and unfollow you.

Some cunt did that to me for 60 days straight it was only after I pm'd him a couple of times (he tried to say he had no idea how it was happening) and left abusive messages on this page that he stopped.

Now that's a good idea haha. I had someone do it 5-6 times over a 2 week period.. To me I don't see why they do it. 90% of the times their tracks are shit.. So next time you see someone with loads of followers, but couldn't produce a bacon sandwich, you can tell that this is exactly what they've done

lol so jokes people actually put more time into promoting their there tracks than there tracks themselves?! crazy i wouldnt dream of promoting anything til i have a sick collection i can actually boast with... except on here but I'm looking for ways to make better tracks not telling u all "H3Y L00K 4T MY TR4ACKS M7"

Yeah posting tracks on forums etc to get 'real' comments and feedback is invaluable IMO, But having your mates say yeah this is the bollocks, and having 400 'fake' followers isn't gonna help anyone. They def need to put something into the coding on the SC website that only allows you to follow a certain amount of people per week. Why would anyone need to follow 100-2000 people in a day legitimately

There's nothing wrong with promoting yourself on soundcloud, but it should be due to production skills, not spamming comments and follows :/.

It's just another form of e-penis enlarging.

man dnt wanna sound like a dick but really? you should expect people to follow back just cos you follow them, as you said they may not be digging your tunes etc...? i follow people cos i like there shit, they say they give a dl at a certain amount of followers, or for updates of future tunes, dnt expect them to follow back or even listen to my tunes, thats a bit childish

Well I guess my point is that if your only dealing with low numbers of followers then why be picky about following someone back?

I can understand if its some spammer or someone who is clearly just fishing for any followers. But it doesnt take a genius to see the difference between those ppl and ppl who are actually making music ;)

I try to follow the people on this forum and a few select others who I deem interesting. That is why I follow you.

No offence but wbo cares? Why would you want someone to follow you just cos you follow them? That would be a meaningless follow! Like iv4 I follow people im interested in. I think I follow you as well. Not sure though but that doesnt mean I do t like your nusic. I tend to look out for amateur prodycers on here and inly follow big artists taht will actually release music pn soundcloud

yea same here, I literally will follow people if their stuff interests me or we chat a lot. Bun being famous on Soundcloud and all that wank, if you are a good producer and your tunes speak for themselves then you will not need to spam anything about.

Back
Top Bottom