Drum & Bass Whats UPPP, new track - Feedback muchly appreciated - 'Take Me Away'

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by greenflydnb, Sep 10, 2012.

1. greenflydnb

greenflydnb Member

Whats up guys and gals.

New track i have made with my mate.

Please could you criticise the shit out of it for me.

Love love love

2. Elzerk

Elzerk 00111100 00110011

Okay, the melody is horrible, could do with more synths backing it up, I don't believe it should be playing all the time, makes it too repetitive and it just annoys me, like it's mocking me. It doesn't help that the bassline is following the melody. The vocals could stand out more without the melodies in some parts, make transitions more obvious. Vocals are way too repetitive, the melody just eats everything in the mix. That's all I can say so far.

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Reckon the sub should be dropped an octave so it's real low and rumbling, melody is way too cheddar for my tastes!

4. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Push the subbass much lower for a more bassy feel. Define the drums, give them character because they are a bit lost in the mix. Add variety to the main melody, it's cool but a bit repetative. This is a personal note but I wouldn't do the bass the way you have produced it (imo I'm talking, didn't really like the change in the bass in the second part of the song)

Still though, if you keep at it, this would be a gem. :)

5. greenflydnb

greenflydnb Member

Sound for the feedback! Still havent been doing this for too long. But this is the first one we've done that we've actually had mastered.

Yeh we wanted to make something different for the second bit.