What's the verdict on "buy-able tracklists"?

mixeeba

Hello

I've been scratching my head about DJ mix tracklists and charts and thought it'd be neat if you could click a link and buy the tracks that are list.. of course, this would mean if you were posting a mix/chart you'd need to generate these links. So I built something that does, but before I go on about that I wanted to know what you guys thought...

I reckon from a producer/DJ point of view it'll help curb the filesharing side of things as it'll be super easy to get hold of what you're after... Think it'd be cool to list where you can buy tracks in charts/tracklists or not?

Please discuss :)

yeah, but all the bigger players will be playing dubs, tunes that they are playing for promotion purposes, maybe not properly mixed down, or not set for realease, i see what ya sayin bout the file sharing side but the reson the heads are plating dubs keeps the seen fresh and exiting not knowin when it comin out or on what label, its a good idea for DJ doin sets using tunes that are out on a label but not for the heads knockin out beats that are unsigned...ya getz?

Yeah, the dub issue was the first thing that came to mind

But a good idea in principle, it would certainly make things easier but you'd have to co ordinate it so you didn't need loads of different accounts on various online shops to get them.

Also a lot of mixes won't necessarily come with a tracklisting

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Upfront stuff obviously keeps the scene fresh, so fair play to that... but with DJ mixes done for pleasure do you think it's worth it?

So this is what we've knocked up so far > www.mixeeba.com (apologies if it appears I'm plugging, I'm genuinely after some opinions here...)

DJs should be encouraged to post mixes with tracklists, I generally won't listen to anything without knowing its in my ball park...

wicked idea mate. I guessing when pasting in your tracklist and searching for them will just ignore unknown/unreleased tunes?

wicked idea mate. I guessing when pasting in your tracklist and searching for them will just ignore unknown/unreleased tunes?

Cheers geez. Yeh, if we can't find it you won't get anything... to unreleased/personal tracks obviously won't show up.

We had a producer who searched for his tracks and found a store selling it illegally! So lots of use cases...

just put it to the test. really impressed, good service results came back in about 20 minutes.

I suppose you're having to manually sort through all this? Or is there an actual search engine doing the work for you?

I really hope its some form of search engine otherwise its quite suprising that someone will sit there and search through each site.

Hahahahaha. Nah, it's all automated... :) number of tracklists have picked up over the last couple of days so it takes longer than 5 minutes sometimes. Once the number really picks up I'll scale up the people searching... er, I mean computers searching.

Hahahahaha. Nah, it's all automated... :) number of tracklists have picked up over the last couple of days so it takes longer than 5 minutes sometimes. Once the number really picks up I'll scale up the people searching... er, I mean computers searching.

Good to know!

One suggestion I might make for us lazy vinyl users:

Perhaps you could have it search chemical/redeye/juno etc etc etc for lowest price? The new releases will be exactly the same I'm sure & some shops will get exclusives and all. but eh for those older ones.. Seems that I can get certain deals on Chemical for instance that aren't available on redeye.

love the idea, im always scouring tracklists for tunes i like then having the ball ache of finding them myself lol

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

mixeeba has monkeys doing his bidding ;p

Good to know!

One suggestion I might make for us lazy vinyl users:

Perhaps you could have it search chemical/redeye/juno etc etc etc for lowest price? The new releases will be exactly the same I'm sure & some shops will get exclusives and all. but eh for those older ones.. Seems that I can get certain deals on Chemical for instance that aren't available on redeye.

Not a bad idea.. We deliberately didn't include vinyl in our search result as records might be out of stock... Also, we deliberately didn't list prices because we didn't want to start a price war. But I hear what you're saying about the old records... I'll add this on the list of things I'll look at :)

Are there any stores you use apart from chemical and redeye that we don't cover?

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

love the idea, im always scouring tracklists for tunes i like then having the ball ache of finding them myself lol

Glad to hear it man!

Pretty much just the mainstream ones myself, gotta make sure they ship to the States.

As I said, it might be something to look at but to be completely honest, looking at it further - it'd probably be too much of a hassle. I didn't think about stock & all that.

Pretty much just the mainstream ones myself, gotta make sure they ship to the States.

As I said, it might be something to look at but to be completely honest, looking at it further - it'd probably be too much of a hassle. I didn't think about stock & all that.

Yeh life in the digital world is slightly easier... Saying that, are there any digital stores that aren't being represented?

Back
Top Bottom