What's the tune that was most influencial to you?

Sup heads,

what's the tune that was most influencial to your DNB faith?

For me, it's gotta be an early chase & status tune, I think it was Duppy Man or something like that, that's when I really got into DnB. I was a teen and my brother had this old Mitsubishi Colt that was falling to pieces, it had a tape deck but we had one of those things that is a tape with an aux cable, so we used to rag this little hatchback around the country roads of nottingham blasting the loudest DnB ever. Of course I'd never heard DnB much before but something about it gave me goosebumps and made me hyped up, or maybe that was the 100+ mph speeds we were achieving on these narrow country lanes..

Anyhow, what about yourself? What tune made you fall in love with the sound that has been so prominent for the last 20+ years... the sound we love.

Mine was pretty much was Calyx & TeeBee - Make Your Choice.

It made me stuck to D&B and it showed me the way where I wanted to take my production skills and style. It is still leaving an impact and now also Confession is giving me the same effect. :)

Killer Industries - Jaguar

before that, I was a big liquid / jump up / pendulum wanker

Now I seem to hate everything thats not neurofunk :p but I totally respect every kind of dnb there is and everyone that listens to it too :D

tantrum desire - ready to go
hype - the chopper (the one where he scratches over it)
zinc - ready or not (remix - not sure which one)
Aphrodite - no digidity

pretty much got me into dnb, also drop my first beanos to ready or not and oh my god, make me shiver just thinking about it

Funnily enough "Duppy Man" was one of the first DnB tunes I really liked, I used to listen to a lot of dancehall so the capelton original was always a banger anyway but

The song that completely changed my persepective in terms of music was

I actually used to hate DnB, used to only listen to R&B, Hip-Hop and old school garage.. One night my mate managed to convince me to go to Fabric, I was quite reluctant, but when Hazard dropped that in Room 1 everything finally made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
a few tunes got me hooked on DNB, started on zinc - 6 million ways to die, origin unknown - valley of shadows and hazard - killers don't die, was strictly a jungle and jump up head when I first started listneing to DNB and now love all the different types of sounds that DNB has to offer (apart from the gay commercial tunes :teeth: )

Funnily enough "Duppy Man" was one of the first DnB tunes I really liked, I used to listen to a lot of dancehall so the capelton original was always a banger anyway but

The song that completely changed my persepective in terms of music was

I actually used to hate DnB, used to only listen to R&B, Hip-Hop and old school garage.. One night my mate managed to convince me to go to Fabric, I was quite reluctant, but when Hazard dropped that in Room 1 everything finally made sense.

its rare only heard this song last month... its been played on my itunes 200 times since this has got to be #1 dnb of all time

Not that easy to answer..while Krust - Set speed was the tune I noticed to be something new in 95, I´d say the whole 97 darkage of Trouble, The One and Warhead was the answer to OP´s question.

If we talk Jungle, defo Terrorist.

Calibre - Mr Right On.

Remember starting to listen to dnb and a well knowledged friend told me to research some Calibre tunes. Never looked back, although my taste and style has developed as time has moved on into more techier realms.

After hearing the original of 'Back To Your Roots' played on Friction's 'Big Bad Bass - The Next Level' I started to DJ drum and bass.

'Sonar' was the track that made me hunt down older drum and bass.

Also hearing 'Process Of Elimination' played by Octane and DLR at a Subdub around 3 or 4 years ago made me realise how much I love the minimal sound now.

Apart from The Prodigy - Out of Space at the age of 9 or 10 years in 1992, what I thought was pretty cool, its Leviticus - Burial. In 1996 we experienced Jungle and this Tune was on one of my first Tapes.

The track that got me into D&B was Jenna G - In Love

and High Contrast - Twilights Last Gleaming got me hooked to all things liquid

Calyx – Are You Ready, second tune in Andy C's essential mix. Been hooked ever since.

Such a tune

I was weird and got into Jungle after I got into DnB, the tune that got me into jungle was Splash - Babylon after hearing it on an Andy C set... wow

Such a tune

I was weird and got into Jungle after I got into DnB, the tune that got me into jungle was Splash - Babylon after hearing it on an Andy C set... wow

#

Great track but what a slag to mix LOL

Back
Top Bottom