What's the top three raves that you've been to?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Tysa, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Tysa

Tysa New Member

Hi,

1st Helter Skelter Energy 97.

2nd The first Flashback at the Que Club

3rd World Dance Millenium

2. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

1.World Dance-Christmas & New Year Party @ Wembley (Christmas 1994)

2.World Dance-Now for something completely different @ Lydd Airport (Summer 1995)

3.Life Utopiah-Easter Party @ The Rave Dome Hounslow 1994

3. theone

theone Just say no to dubstep!

Pure Science 4th Birthday

Jungle Fever 2000

Innovation 8th Birthday

4. jason881

jason881 Member

innovation vs best of british carnival, lighthouse 2001

one nation united colours part 3, stratford rex 2001

best of british bagleys carnival warmup, bagleys 2000

5. badapple

badapple New Member

I'm sure that if i had been raving pre 2000 at least two of my top three would be from the 93/94 era. However some great times were had in the new millenium, here's a selection of my best bits.

My choices are based not only on the music but also on the drug fuelled antics that ensued. For some reason they are all from 2002, i don't really know why as i raved constanly from 2001 to 2004.

3. Slammin Vinyl New Years Eve i think 01/02 @ Sanctuary

Top quality new years bash, i think Hype played midnight and kicked off with Messiah, lighters like you've never scene. Then Champion Sound remix drops and it goes off. Danced non-stop from midnight till 5am, didn't even stop for a piss.

2. Slammin Vinyl 1st Sept 2002 @ The Sactuary

The Sanctuary used to be my home away from home, one of the only rave venues where i was always completely at ease and where i was constantly involved in surreal and exiting adventures. This rave coincided with my 18th birthday, it was also the same day England beat Germany 5-1. I remember screaming out the score in the queue and everyone going mental. 18 beans and copious amounts of other substancs later i was a little fried. Surprisingly i don't remeber a lot about the music that night. I do remember being with a large group of friends and soaking up an incedible athmosphere.

1. United Dance (thanks for the correction) Feb 2002 @ Bagleys

OK, so the system at Bagleys was pretty fucked towards the end, but the music that night compensated tenfold. It was Skibbas b'day and basically him, shabba, fearless and dett rocked the mic for like four hours straight. Zinc, my favourite DJ from that era played one of the best sets i ever heard live, starting with (possibly the first airing of) the Ms Dynamite version of Freenote. Memorable moments include telling Foxy that he should be considered as up there with the likes of Skiba and Fearless and being met with a look that said "i'm already up there you little shit, now fuck off".

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  6. jason881

jason881 Member

are you sure that wernt a united dance at feb 2002 @ bagleys?

7. badapple

badapple New Member

You are absolutely right!

I remember buying the tapes and the mcing being too quiet.

All those drugs may have affected my memory.

8. Tysa

Tysa New Member

I liked Bagleys. It was a nice venue. I went there back in 98 i think. I remember Stevie Hyper D cussing the bouncers because they wouldn't let all his friends in. Looking back I wish i went there more often. Bit of a trek but was well worth it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  9. badapple

badapple New Member

The main problem with Bagley's was that by 4am you were standing up to your neck in a liquid that loosely resembled piss! Where did it all come from? I cant believe it was all sweat.

10. Tysa

Tysa New Member

It was really sweaty. I had a few bare chest moments lol:lol:

11. alz

alz compress to impress

I dunno about a top 3, but the best rave i went to has to be that illegal one in wales last year, never been to anything like that before, so many rigs and people and general fuckedness it was incredible really.

12. jason881

jason881 Member

i was at a united dance there a few years back in the summer and it was so hot people were fainting and they actully stoped the rave for 10 mins to open all the doors