DnB Whats the standard mastering output level for dnb in 2019?

Polymer

As I master everything to 0db, but still have to crank my tracks by 2db in rekordbox when mixing with other tracks.

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
I generally set my mastering up to have some headroom, so I aim for -0.5DB I usually use Waves Ultramaximiser to do final mastering limiter - makes it sound nice and loud. probably wrong, but it always worked for me.

Polymer

Thanks for the replies to this.

Realise i had the threshhold in my izotope Ozone maximiser set to default -9db then watched a Friction tutorial where he had it set to -2db so that might be the answer but will loose the dynamics a bit...

fanu

It will be 0db or under, it sounds like the other tracks are just more heavily compressed so they have less dynamic range.

Hopefully, Mr @fanu can share some of his wisdom and wizardry with us on this subject!

DNB in general hovers around RMS -6 to -3, depending on style and taste.

Anyone needing their songs loud, get in touch (fanusamurai@gmail.com)…that's my job, mastering (and mixing) music, and I work a lot with DNB and can supply very loud and clean masters...that's my specialty.
Quality and satisfaction guaranteed.

And as for ceiling…I go for -0.1, true peak (intersample peaks eliminated).

Polymer

DNB in general hovers around RMS -6 to -3, depending on style and taste.

Anyone needing their songs loud, get in touch (fanusamurai@gmail.com)…that's my job, mastering (and mixing) music, and I work a lot with DNB and can supply very loud and clean masters...that's my specialty.
Quality and satisfaction guaranteed.

And as for ceiling…I go for -0.1, true peak (intersample peaks eliminated).

Thanks for this!

My latest track I've squeezed the maximiser a little more, but still think i can go louder! -

Top Bottom