Whats the running time you accept as a complete album?

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist

More and more artists seem to be settling on the 35 - 40 minute mark, which is just down-right lazy imo. The new Arctic Monkeys albums runnin time is 38 minutes - I accepted this for the first album, even tho they had 20-30 demos recorded before the album. 2ND Razorlight album hit with the same ting - 39 mins.

Personally, Give me an hour of music or fuck right off! :mad:

sidekickmc

MEDICINE?
VIP Junglist
60/70 mins i would think

that was always the way

short albums often show a lack of depth/thoughtfulness imo (that's a lot of the popular 'the' bands of the past 5 years or so all over)

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist

More and more artists seem to be settling on the 35 - 40 minute mark, which is just down-right lazy imo. The new Arctic Monkeys albums runnin time is 38 minutes - I accepted this for the first album, even tho they had 20-30 demos recorded before the album. 2ND Razorlight album hit with the same ting - 39 mins.

Personally, Give me an hour of music or fuck right off! :mad:
I agree with this completely.

4 Track EPs in the 90's were longer than some albums nowadays.

I remember taping friends' vinyl albums and having to put the last 2 trx on the other side of tape... (c-60?-1hr each side)

I think the length of albums has been defined by the chart criteria for minimum length for and album. They know the buying public will accept & buy that...

(or DL it for free)

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
I remember taping friends' vinyl albums and having to put the last 2 trx on the other side of tape... (c-60?-1hr each side)

I think the length of albums has been defined by the chart criteria for minimum length for and album. They know the buying public will accept & buy that...

(or DL it for free)
Ahhhh, gotta love the old days of taping everything, where bootlegin all started. :crazy:

True there Dan, labels / artists know punters will buy it, regardless of quantity. Its all about how that artist is promoted nowadays, and musical integrity has taken a back seat.

Give me a cd that lasts longer than it takes to gets to work godaamnit :dynamite: