Whats the justification for the extra £300 between the xone 32 and the numark x9?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Tensor, May 17, 2011.

1. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

i've been djing for a while now and i'm looking to upgrade to a third deck and a 3 channel mixer.

At the moment im using a 2 channel numark DXM06 with some cdjs, i love it to bits, no problems there at all... its gone through 2 years of HEAVY usage and its still in really good nick, everything works perfectly. The DXM06 got discontinued and replaced with the 2 channel X6 which is pretty much the same thing in different colours, and the X9 is the 3 channel version. It's about £200 and it has loads of features.

Everyone bangs on about the xone32 being the standard. It's £500 though. i've used one a couple of times, it's definitely a nice mixer but I cant really see any extra features over the X9 that justify the price tag...is there actually a reason why i should shell out 300 quid more? People talk about build quality but my DXM06 is solid in that respect and its basically the same thing as the x9. cheers guys

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. Transient Energ

Transient Energ Member

Sound quality and build quality. Thats all really. As for most audio gear the price rises exponentially with quality but you generally get what you pay for otherwise behringer would be king.

EDIT: Also the A&H VCF filters and more balanced outs (not that extra balanced outs matter much at home).

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  3. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

I had the DXM09 as my first mixer which is the upgrade of your mixer and i absolutely loved it from day 1. The X9 looks no different except it's in black, i'm guessing it's built better or something though otherwise it would have been pointless to release? I never had a problem with my DXM09 for over 2 years of mixing on it so i can recommend the X9 as it is a good fun mixer.. But saying that, i do love my Allen and Heath, but i doubt its a £300 difference :/

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Sorry to geeek out but it rises linearly not exponentially :p

To answer your question Tensor i'd just got for numark unless you can get a second hand one Xone 32 cheap, like say £200 (y)

5. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I thought 32's were ony about £300? and the 42 was £500?

6. Transient Energ

Transient Energ Member

Not really as you get to higher end gear the quality increments get smaller while the price increments get much larger. Look at monitors for example, budget ones £300, ok ones £1000 at the very top end it can go over £10,000 a pair.

7. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Could say the same about 1210's and 1200's lol.

Just bagged me this beast :)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/237445

BOOM!

8. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Definately a curve rather than a line Russla...

Also I'd like to add that Ecler do a nice 3 channel mixer.

9. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

Cheers for the replies guys. i think ill go for the x9!