What's the easiest way to do Pitch Automation in FL Studio?

RedRavenRuler

boom baby
I've been trying to figure this out for several hours now... I've done normal Google searches, Youtube searches, looked at the manual (maybe I'm searching with the wrong key words?) with no luck... Now don't get me wrong I know I can set the pitch knob range and do it with edit events or the 'edit events' thing in the bottom half of the piano roll but frankly that is a HUGE pain the ass to get it to slide up to the correct note since it tells you how many cents from the root note you are... so if I were sliding up 1 octave that would be 1200 cents ... I've also tried doing it with an automation clip in the Playlist but since the live readout for automation clips does a percentage (ex- if a point were centered vertically it would read 50%) sliding to the correct note that way is rather difficult as well.

I love the piano roll 'slide notes' that only work with FL native plugins like 3xOsc and Sytrus but then having something like say Blue's portamento sync to that slide is ... well also a feat in itself....

So the question remains what is an easy way to automate pitch slides effectively and in a time efficient manner that will work no matter what soft synth is being used within FL Studio... I currently run FL 10 but I doubt that should make much of a difference on a matter like this.

Any help on this is MUCH appreciated!

Why not just do pitch changes in the piano roll and automate the portamento time?

adjust the parameter you want to automate, click the lil drop down arrow at the top left corner of your synth, click last edited parameter (or something of the like), and click create automation clip.

copy n paste the automation, then click the arrow in the top left corner of the automation clip and click *make unique* then assign another knob to that automation.

or just repeat the former.

adjust the parameter you want to automate, click the lil drop down arrow at the top left corner of your synth, click last edited parameter (or something of the like), and click create automation clip.

copy n paste the automation, then click the arrow in the top left corner of the automation clip and click *make unique* then assign another knob to that automation.

or just repeat the former.

If you read my first post you'd have seen that automation clips are shit at controlling pitch in FL because they don't tell you what note you're sliding to they give a percentage based on the height of the point vertically...

If you read my first post you'd have seen that automation clips are shit at controlling pitch in FL because they don't tell you what note you're sliding to they give a percentage based on the height of the point vertically...

In the piano roll at the bottom you have your note velocities, on the left side of this is a gray area. Right click this area and select "Channel Pitch", notice that the velocity bars have disappeared. Now you can draw in a pitch envelope in your piano roll. Don't know if this will work for a synth too, but it works with samplers.

Back
Top Bottom