Whats the deal with recording sets?

dizzzeejungle

Junglist Down Under..
VIP Junglist
Hey everyone

Big ups for all the sets and all that , best dnb forum by far.

But i was wondering,

How do all these sets get recorded?

Do the DJs/ promoters care? Do they do it ? Or is it done all covert?

I'v asked a few perth promoters about recording some of our festivals and events and they say there is too much red tape to get across.......so i was just wondering how you guys manage to do it over in the uk !

:wave:

Hey everyone

Big ups for all the sets and all that , best dnb forum by far.

But i was wondering,

How do all these sets get recorded?

Do the DJs/ promoters care? Do they do it ? Or is it done all covert?

I'v asked a few perth promoters about recording some of our festivals and events and they say there is too much red tape to get across.......so i was just wondering how you guys manage to do it over in the uk !

:wave:

its the internet, everything on the internet is free.

but seriously i htink if they have been played or mixed on live radio, which some are then they are avaiable for public download.

its when douche bags that think there cool post full retail albums and think there doing us a favour, but we all know as a dj its hard to make a living, and the last thing we need is some cock posting 4 years work on the net for everyone to get for free

if you book a dj and get a contract from the dj's agent the contract will have a clause in there about no recordings of the set

a few uk promoters however think its fine to record the sets and bootleg them

this then means that artists who's music appears on the packs get absolouety no money from the sale of thier own music and the promoter just pockets all the cash

this also means as it is a illigal recording to cover thier arses the promoters dont put any tracklistings or track info onto the covers thus meaning the artists get no promotion from the packs

with regards to commercailly released cd's (like nightlife 4) all the tracks have to be licensed form the artists or labels that owns the copyright so legally everything is legit and everyone is happy

i love the way promoters like to get on thier high horses about packs being shared online as they have no legal back up to merit them threatning website owners who have packs up on thier forums

fuck em i say

Back
Top Bottom