DnB What's the darkest and dirtiest Drum & Bass tune out there?

theraw

This is one of my favourite D&B tunes of all time, it's sinister as fuck and pretty much starts a riot on the dancefloor when it drops. What are your favourite dark and filthy D&B tracks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkstep I would say is Noisia's department. And that would be Subdue >

Facade is another.

the scale is kinda endless for darkest dnb to the point that it kinda becomes unenjoyable. this is probably my limit

edit: to be honest i dont even enjoy that anymore. just sounds horrible. dunno how i even liked that

these 2 are my favourite dark tunes

ye...depends how 'dark' you wanna go.

Some older lifted stuff from evol intent, ewun etc. is pretty nice.

you could also go for current value etc. but u really gotta be in the mood.

on a weirder flex there's artists such as Billain with some really odd stuff

id say check out Black Sun Empire tho...got a massive back cat. of quality tunes

Counterstrike - Room of Mirrors <- one of my all time faves in this style

in this version, not the vip. the intro always makes me shiver :D

I was kinda hopeing this was going to turn into a "Darkstep" (Techy) thread for a second there. Ive always loved that side of dnb but because i spend so much time on the jump up wagon i miss these hidden jems. Last one i was feel with a techy darkstep style was Blokhe4d & Gridlok - Bad Kat but that was awhile ago now im sure there are so many out there and i dont see many techy threads started on here much

I was kinda hopeing this was going to turn into a "Darkstep" (Techy) thread for a second there. Ive always loved that side of dnb but because i spend so much time on the jump up wagon i miss these hidden jems. Last one i was feel with a techy darkstep style was Blokhe4d & Gridlok - Bad Kat but that was awhile ago now im sure there are so many out there and i dont see many techy threads started on here much

Here's something to get you going Dagz, one of my all time favourite tracks to mix...

[video=youtube_share;qSBEFDZYfQk]http://youtu.be/qSBEFDZYfQk[/video]

Dark as it gets and the heaviest amen I can think of

i stumbled upon need for mirrors the other day. you should check them out. some of the heaviest and darkest basslines i ever heard

What side of dark? You have the neurofunk dark like BSE or Noisia, then minimal dark (my fav) like enei, icicle, June Miller etc.

June Miller - walls of jericho is lethal if you have never heard it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I like this thread.

^One of my favorite tunes of all time.

The problem with getting too heavy is it becomes distorted to the point where it could be anything really.

the scale is kinda endless for darkest dnb to the point that it kinda becomes unenjoyable just sounds horrible

jeeez yeah i've got a few tunes that i could say that about!! ruckus is a classic though and love that Audio & Donny track cheers

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

Dark as it gets and the heaviest amen I can think of

not gonna argue with that mate...cheers

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

What side of dark? You have the neurofunk dark like BSE or Noisia, then minimal dark (my fav) like enei, icicle, June Miller etc.

I just meant sinister as fuck nastiness really, no particular sub-genre but I guess some kind of filthy amen helps... This is my favourite recent nasty tune, came out on killing sheep recordings

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

^One of my favorite tunes of all time.

Quality I love this track, never heard it before, like the way it switches from the amen in the middle and then back again, sweet!

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

the scale is kinda endless for darkest dnb to the point that it kinda becomes unenjoyable. this is probably my limit
this is pretty much my limit

Back
Top Bottom