What's the coolest footage ever performed by the 90's Manchester rockers Oasis?!!?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RudE MonkEE, Dec 11, 2010.

1. RudE MonkEE

RudE MonkEE I've been naughty, I'm banned

Below is my personal favourite called Acquiesce off the Album The Masterplan in 1998 performed at Earl's Court in London 1995:

What's the coolest footage of the 90's Manchester rockers - Oasis you can find. Their first three 90's albums were the best:

Definately Maybe in 1994
    What's the Story Morning Glory in 1995
    Be Here Now 1997

Then they went off the boil a bit. Acquiesce was a good song on The Masterplan in 1998, but the rest of it wasn't as good as what they had done before.

However another good song was Go Let it Out - off the 2000 album Standing on the Shoulder of Giants:

Shock of the Lighning was also good - off the 2008 album Dig Out Your Soul below:

BIG SHOUT OUTS TO LIAM & NOEL GALLAGHER AND THE REST OF THE BAND!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Re: What's the coolest footage ever performed by the 90's Manchester rockers Oasis?!!

My ol man took me to see oasis years and years back.. they were great, defo one of the best acts I've seen live.

3. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

Re: What's the coolest footage ever performed by the 90's Manchester rockers Oasis?!!

[​IMG]

4. RudE MonkEE

i never saw them live yet, i'v got plenty of footage of them performing live. it must have been awesome when you went, i like the attitude displayed by liam gallagher towards the crowd. some of his tantrums and moodyness shown on stage is entertaining too.

the best gig they did in the 90's of the vids i have downloaded was knebworth in 1996.

5. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Yeah it was a good exeprience, the verve were supporting them when we went aswell so got to see them aswell.

6. RudE MonkEE

ok here's a good one from knebworth park in 96 called Columbia:

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

here's another one entitled Be Here Now performed live in tokyo 98.

7. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

my bro saw em in hyde park supported by the coral and the arctic monkeys i think. he went with our mate andy and he got chucked out within 30 minutes of being there. ha. so gutted i didnt make that.

8. RudE MonkEE

lol at least he's been to see them live, even if it was only for 30 minutes. i'd love to go and see them, it bugs me that i haven't sometimes.

9. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

went to a paul weller gig on tuesday. it was fuckin quiality.

10. RudE MonkEE

some might say @ knebworth 96:

& supersonic (give me gin n tonic) @ earl's court london 95

11. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I can't remember the last time I went to a proper gig..

12. RudE MonkEE

cool, i've heard of him, yeh alot of people rate him. haven't got any of his music yet, but i'll look him up and download a bit of it.

recently i bought a load of green day and nickelback, but they're american and canadian, i wanted to big up a british band for a change.

other good british acts were bands like the smiths (morrissey), the cult, and if you start goin heavy metal there's always iron maiden and warrior soul that are good too. the almighty are a good live band i saw them in the 90's at the milton keynes bowl with 80000 other people, they were supporting metallica and megadeth. megadeth are always dissapointing live, but their albums are all quality. as for metallica, they were great in the 90's but they too seemed to go of the boil there after and some of their more recent albums are not as good as the earlier ones.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

me neither, i went to loads when i was in my 20's, but i've let myself down in my 30's.

13. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

All the gigs I have been to must have been before the age of 20, I'm gonna try and make the effort to get to more now though.

14. RudE MonkEE

forgot to mention the stone roses , happy mondays (shaun rider & bez et al - pills thrill and bellyaches was a great album, shaun went off and did black grape), inspiral carpets, ocean colour scene (moseley shoals was a great album), the charlatans (never really listened to them much though), sultans of ping (they were irish) too many british bands to mention, the list could go on, but i can't remember them all right now.

15. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Get high by black grape is a great tune.

I seen black grape at glastobury time ago which was also great.

16. RudE MonkEE

i suppose i should too, i've been very lazy recently, and i'm not that old yet, there's time to get to a few more i recon.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

is that the one were he says something like "yeh we're gonna have a temazepam party." at the start?

17. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Gigs instead of raves when my babies here... maybe lol.

Thats the only reason I stopped going to gigs, i think anytime I had the chance to go out I'd choose a nice big rave or free party.

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

It went like this...

I yearned to find a way to help share the message that drugs open your eyes to life; to see it in the vivid colours that God gave us as a precious gift to his children."

I've got to be sick to be ill
    I've got to take my smiley pill
    I've got a ??? to kill
    And it only ever done for the thrill

I've got to be groovy for the movie
    I commit the mortal sin
    I'll do it with a cheesy grin
    I'm taking it on the chin

Or something along them lines??!

I'd post it up but cant cause im at work

18. RudE MonkEE

but surely temazepam's a downer. however shaun rider smoked nuff fat bags of skunk in his time, although rumour had it he was a massive crack head before then, but now he only has a toke of weed.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

here it is above, i spelt it all wrong, dunno my downers obviously.

Tramazi Party.-------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

yeh i know it. i looked black grape up on myspace one day and found loads of music they had done.

19. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

He was bang on everythin i think mate, brown and crack.. I read in an interview the they once got given a sum of money to start recording a new album with but blew the lot on crack/cocaine.. they made all the cash back though once they had eventually made the album : )

20. RudE MonkEE

the heroin taking doesn't surprise me actually, i had a hunch he was inta that too. probably heard somethin on the grapevine about it as usual.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

ok u bad ass, you really don't giv a fuck do u m8, is it wise to wind up a real schizo? lol