Whats the best way to speed up tunes without changing the pitch

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
I've got a few old tunes that I want to speed up a bit but without changing the pitch. I've tried using the flex tool and the 'pitch and time machine' thing in logic with a range of different settings but they all ended sounding quite a bit worse than the original.

I've tried the inbuilt one in traktor too and that was alright but I'd rather do it better somehow.

I wanna do it on tunes like quest, atlantis, breaking free, dark stranger and so on to pitch them up to about 168, enough to be mixable, but not so quick that they sound stupid...

Does anyone know a better way to do it?

I've got a few old tunes that I want to speed up a bit but without changing the pitch. I've tried using the flex tool and the 'pitch and time machine' thing in logic with a range of different settings but they all ended sounding quite a bit worse than the original.

I've tried the inbuilt one in traktor too and that was alright but I'd rather do it better somehow.

I wanna do it on tunes like quest, atlantis, breaking free, dark stranger and so on to pitch them up to about 168, enough to be mixable, but not so quick that they sound stupid...

have you tried it in polyphonic & complex mode?

(at the top of the arrange window in the drop down menus, in-between MIDI and View) Audio>Timestretching Algorithm>Complex

if that doesn't work as well as you want then try the demo of Izotope Radius: http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/radius/

Last edited by a moderator:

Just click sync on Traktor.

I thought it was possible in audacity? Not sure what the quality will cone out like tho. I got a wicked program at home, (freebie,) that does it, also gets key info. Will find out what its called later

Download a copy of Ableton Live, you can speed up/slow down the track as much as you want and it doesn't affect the pitch

backpeddling.gif

i recorded mine from the vinyl at full pitch then it gets pitched up some more when i play it back with serato.
the quality isn't as good as a store bought wav tho
but not to be sniffed at

Dunno if that's what you mean by trying on traktor but change the pitch up to what you want and then turn on the key knob and turn it down to 0, then the pitch shouldn't really be affected.

Audacity is free and you can change tempo without changing pitch. The greater the change more it warps the original sound. So if your looking to change something from a bpm of 128 to 175 you will hear some weird things. If your looking to change from 160 to 175 you won't hear much.

Back
Top Bottom