DnB Whats the best set you ever heard?

Friction westfest 07 is one of the first that springs to mind for me. Absolute monster.

Friction @ Renegade Hardware 2009 Area, Vauxhall. He was battering the dub of My World which is just about all I can remember.
Then the next time he played at Hardware ( a year later??) last mix of the night Kingdom >> Stigma, reloaded, place went nuts.

Saw Noisia in Room 2 of Matter at a Hospital night few years back, thats pretty much as good as it gets for all out carnage, although i've seen Noisia a few times this was just ridiculous.

Who needs videos when you have memories etched in your brain.

Ha very true you just re-live the moment over & over in your head!

Matter was such a sick venue. I was gutted when it closed! Fabrics more or less the only place holding it down these days.

Dub phizix in the tunnel at motion for run vs ram. Was a belter, that tunnel is 100% made for phizix tunes. Also strategy taking the piss out of people in the crowd was sick

Andy C - Warehouse Project 2007
Digital Mystikz - Paradise Factory 2007
D Bridge - Hit n Run 2008
Calibre - Soul:ution 2010

Matter was such a sick venue. I was gutted when it closed! Fabrics more or less the only place holding it down these days.

Don't think I can agree more, all other venues around london attract crap line-ups full of boring overated djs and pathetic mcs.

Don't think I can agree more, all other venues around london attract crap line-ups full of boring overated djs and pathetic mcs.

What do you define as a good line up? A lot of the nights I go to the MC's just host instead of unleashing their ego on a crowd of 500 people who really don't give a shit how much money they have or how many guns they have.

Not sure if above statement is trolling...

you been to london before?

Well said JHSE23, last time I noticed London IS where the DNB scene is strongest. Just look at Renegade Hardware at the weekend, you wouldn't get a lineup like that outside of London. End of.

What do you define as a good line up? A lot of the nights I go to the MC's just host instead of unleashing their ego on a crowd of 500 people who really don't give a shit how much money they have or how many guns they have.

& again well said Sam. The whole screaming down a mic thing is dying out with the good MC's, they let tunes breath and have a natter when its necessary.

good responses so far but what really does make a set the best you ever heard?

One of the best for me in recent memory was Metalheadz @ Fabric just before xmas.

Dillinja was dropping bombs oldskool style. For me personally having a varied set of old & new tunes gets me going.

Dbridge @ Metalheadz boat party Outlook, even though I was chucking my guts up banger after banger was played...one never to forget.

Hmmm its a tough one for me. Andy C's 6 Hour bonanza was really special.

Frictions set at the Icicle album lauch night at cable was huge too.
Stigma into Kingdom. Signal into Slow Down. GULLY

Goth Trad @ Melkweg in Amsterdam has to be one of mine as well. First and only time I have heard Anti War Dub on a big sound system

I wish I would have got the chance to see dirtyphonics before they were starting to play loads of shitty stuff.
that vid is soso sick

Youngsta's set at his rinse CD launch was a bit special. The whole event was special. It was the first time Kryptic Minds ever played Badman VIP. When I heard it come in I was like yeah fair enough its the original, big tune. When it dropped I nearly ate my foot. Fucking huge! Felt privileged to have been there.

But yeah Youngsta rewound Biome - Propaganda like 2 or 3 times lol. The reaction for that tune was crazy. He's defiantly the best selector at that tempo. Probably the best DJ as well.

Back
Top Bottom