DnB Whats the best set you ever heard?

Youngsta's set at his rinse CD launch was a bit special. The whole event was special. It was the first time Kryptic Minds ever played Badman VIP. When I heard it come in I was like yeah fair enough its the original, big tune. When it dropped I nearly ate my foot. Fucking huge! Felt privileged to have been there.

But yeah Youngsta rewound Biome - Propaganda like 2 or 3 times lol. The reaction for that tune was crazy. He's defiantly the best selector at that tempo. Probably the best DJ as well.

That's a fair point my first time seeing Youngsta is defo up there. I asked him to drop Mood2Fuck an he did.

Phaeleh @ Fabric room 3 in July for my 21st. 1st time in London raving, loads of good mates out and the vibes were just amazing
Was he in there for medschool?

First time i went london and did the whole 9-6 thing was Shogun @ Cable year or 2 ago, was pretty much dead by 3. Remember dBridge playing 5-6 gave me a new lease of life, mixing was quality and track selection pure fire.
Marcus Intalex's 'Classic Liquid' set @ DRS album launch at Hydra was a big one.
Infact couple of the local nights have had some big sets from established producers. Hard to say really!

Remember dBridge playing 5-6 gave me a new lease of life, mixing was quality and track selection pure fire.

dBridge has to be one fo the best selectors I've witnessed as far as picking the right tune for the right moment. I remember when he played at Hit n Run he dropped an old Jump Up track in the middle of his set an the place went nuts

commix and eksman...didnt think the two would go well but it was a sick set, im not really into the MC thing but he done commix's selection proud....this was at warning. best set ive ever heard, i think the vibe there made the set even better

Would have to be my first rave, Playaz @ fabric way back. Bukem was a definite highlight.

Frictions set from mid 2012 Shogun @ cable was insane.

Theyre the only two that really stand out for me.

Is it just me or has anyone else got really hard to impress lately?

commix and eksman...didnt think the two would go well but it was a sick set, im not really into the MC thing but he done commix's selection proud....this was at warning. best set ive ever heard, i think the vibe there made the set even better

I can imagine. I'm not really into MC's either but I can imagine Eksman on a good day actually complimenting their set.

Was he in there for medschool?

First time i went london and did the whole 9-6 thing was Shogun @ Cable year or 2 ago, was pretty much dead by 3. Remember dBridge playing 5-6 gave me a new lease of life, mixing was quality and track selection pure fire.
Marcus Intalex's 'Classic Liquid' set @ DRS album launch at Hydra was a big one.
Infact couple of the local nights have had some big sets from established producers. Hard to say really!

Yes mate, Med School tookover room 3, was absolutely incredible. Get shivers thinking about it.

Also Nu:logic took a 2.5 hour set at Hospitality Brighton over the weekend as LE left after 15 mins.. Absolutely unbelievable!

Phil Tangent @ Commercial Suicide Fabric last weekend was one of the best sets from a guy playing vinyl as well as CD's

Mixing the classics on vinyl with new stuff getting released, killer killer set.

Is it just me or has anyone else got really hard to impress lately?

Yea especially when you hear the same tunes battered over & over & over by some DJ's.

Some of the best DJ's i've seen haven't even been the best technically, it was more about their ability to read the crowd and take the vibe from there. I think that takes alot of skill to do, but rarely happens IMO.

Back
Top Bottom