Whats the best free sampler nowadays?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey guys,

Whats the best free sampler nowadays then? :) I was using the DS404 but I wasn't sure what I thought of it, any others you suggest checking out?

the ds404? isnt that a blarpy synth off flp? no thats ts404, sorry. the best freeware sampler is, as always, short circuit2. ask hans, he will tell you. not that i use that crap. i use emu and a guitar.

Nice one mate, on the download now, will see how it goes!

And the ds404 was a sampler that was part of Computer Music Mag's "CM Studio" it did the job but its a bit of a fiddly one I thought

the ds404? isnt that a blarpy synth off flp? no thats ts404, sorry. the best freeware sampler is, as always, short circuit2. ask hans, he will tell you. not that i use that crap. i use emu and a guitar.

Short Circuit 1. Don't use 2, it's buggy. Looks like a milk carton but does more than you could wish from a free sampler. Like Karl having sex with his emu. Not sure about the guitar though.

I like Deftones, never seen that before though! :lol:

That guitar had a lucky day, bet it was the most strangest thing to film in the world though...

I like Deftones, never seen that before though! :lol:

That guitar had a lucky day, bet it was the most strangest thing to film in the world though...

this tune was from their first demo album i think "Like Linus"

UVI is pretty good. Very flexible and fully functional.

Cheers.

Doesn't look bad, although it wouldn't allow me to slice a break? I also couldn't find ADSR on it. Dunno, although it's free the reason I prefer SC as well is because all the editing options are in one window, I hate the clicking around the screens like Kontakt has.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom