What's happened to this place?

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I havnt been around much recently (Found out my mum has cancer, so as you can imagine, not much time for recreational activities!).

But this place seems to have lost everything it had going for it! I mean, this whole 1st page is filled with people's tracks (which are clearly in the wrong section!) or it's posts about how do i make this replica sound, or this one or this one! And most of these posts dont even have anyone answering them!

I guess gone are the days where we all helped one another, gave great tips and tricks, offered support to the new blood and generally looked after each other?

It's a shame, this place used to be amazing! A warm safe place, where we could hang out and learn / discuss / tutor each other. I feel this place has lost the love............tis a sad day...........

I always seem to get help when i need it, and I help others if their query is something i can help with...which is rare to be honest.

maybe the fact there's less moderators about has something to do with it?

there seems to be a lot of people giving joke replies to people - or taking the piss.
doesnt really make people want to ask questions i reckon.
where is the producer love?

Yeah I dunno man, maybe it's just me. Maybe I've learnt all I can from this place, and have nothing to give back?? Just seems icy round here now......

The people posting their tunes in this section know exactly what they're doing - they're being asshats

That's funny, I had the same feeling Fletch.
That's why I'm really interacting that much.

I also feel that lots of people doesn't really use the "search" engine and therefore the topics are quite repetitive, making boring to to see always the same questions.

I've noticed as well that there's a missing of moderation and posting has become a wild jungle with random posts to random sections.
Lot of users they don't really explore the rest of the forum and sections, ending up on posting all what comes to they're mind in only one section... (It happened to me as well a couple of times.)

is this kind what mods r for?

i still feel the love but its a very badly managed forum... got mates rating DUBSTEP forum... coming dubstep forum is full of 14 girls and ram heads

A lot of the threads from new members are asking how to create the same Netsky sound that fifteen other people have asked before.
So its understandable that the older members might get fed up of them.
Personally I see lots of helpful posts on the more interesting topics.

But this place seems to have lost everything it had going for it! I mean, this whole 1st page is filled with people's tracks (which are clearly in the wrong section!) or it's posts about how do i make this replica sound, or this one or this one! And most of these posts dont even have anyone answering them!

Surely these budding producers should be told that being original and trying to make something original and different could reap more rewards more than replicating someone elses sound? Very simplistic view but I don't produce so I see it in a different light I suppose.

I browse over this part of the forum every now and again & tbh you are right Fletch the threads are full of shit half the time, I am not surprised the older more respected members don't post anything.

Surely these budding producers should be told that being original and trying to make something original and different could reap more rewards more than replicating someone elses sound?

Usually that gets mentioned in those kind of threads, but the threads keep coming

First, sorry to hear about your mother, very sad news for you to get! Secondly, i find this place really usefull! i think a lot of people post asking for feedback without spreading a bit of love first, so they get left out. which is fair! as mentioned, people ask fairly silly questions too!

Seconded with DjCartel, prayers for your mum and family.

And I haven't been here very long so idk if I can speak with much authority, but it seems a lot of the questions aren't that great to being with to warrant a decent thought out answer in the first place. It's never something involved and specific like "My drums lack a certain definition in their initial attack, here's an example of the definition I'm looking for (posts a link to a song), and here's where I'm at now (posts link to the producers attempts at defined drums). This is what I've tried so far: x, y, z but I still can't seem to get the initial transient strong enough compared with the rest of the envelope. Any advice?" It's more like, "YOOOOOO, I WAS LISTENING TO SOME SKRALLZEX YESTERFAY AND I WANNA DEM PHAT NASTY GNARLY CRUNCHY TWISTY LIQOURISH FLAVOURED BASSLINESSSSSZZSZ, how do I do it? Oh, and I want drums like Spor as well; anybody know any good samples packs so that I don't have to own up to and confront my low self-esteem, admit that I'm a terrible excuse for a "producer" who uses that term so I can feel like I'm some cool slick fonzi looking hotshot, and actually WORK my way up from the bottom like a person who has earned any sort of reasonable respect and success in life? I also use the "no wanted level" cheat when I play grand theft auto."

Seconded with DjCartel, prayers for your mum and family.

And I haven't been here very long so idk if I can speak with much authority, but it seems a lot of the questions aren't that great to being with to warrant a decent thought out answer in the first place. It's never something involved and specific like "My drums lack a certain definition in their initial attack, here's an example of the definition I'm looking for (posts a link to a song), and here's where I'm at now (posts link to the producers attempts at defined drums). This is what I've tried so far: x, y, z but I still can't seem to get the initial transient strong enough compared with the rest of the envelope. Any advice?" It's more like, "YOOOOOO, I WAS LISTENING TO SOME SKRALLZEX YESTERFAY AND I WANNA DEM PHAT NASTY GNARLY CRUNCHY TWISTY LIQOURISH FLAVOURED BASSLINESSSSSZZSZ, how do I do it? Oh, and I want drums like Spor as well; anybody know any good samples packs so that I don't have to own up to and confront my low self-esteem, admit that I'm a terrible excuse for a "producer" who uses that term so I can feel like I'm some cool slick fonzi looking hotshot, and actually WORK my way up from the bottom like a person who has earned any sort of reasonable respect and success in life? I also use the "no wanted level" cheat when I play grand theft auto."

HAHAHA. drop the bomb on them Doug. Repped for a quality response.
I don't think anyone could have put that any better.

& my thoughts go out to you & your family Fletch (y)

sorry to hear that fletch, my thoughts go out to you, ill fix the tracks on the first page. my life got turned upside down early january when the police confiscated everything i own and i was effectively rendered homeless, so my interest in production kind of went to shit and thats why i havent been on here that much, its really depressing. dont know if ill be able to get my shit back neither. my emu, my harddrives with all my projects, my instruments, years of work, the hardware, it gives me vertigo to think about it

shit man sorry about ur mum hope she's alrite.

i havnt made anything new this year so havnt been around this part of the forum much

sorry to hear that fletch, my thoughts go out to you, ill fix the tracks on the first page. my life got turned upside down early january when the police confiscated everything i own and i was effectively rendered homeless, so my interest in production kind of went to shit and thats why i havent been on here that much, its really depressing. dont know if ill be able to get my shit back neither. my emu, my harddrives with all my projects, my instruments, years of work, the hardware, it gives me vertigo to think about it

WTF!?
That's very bad...
What did u do so bad? Not paying taxes or using crack software?
I can imagine how shit u can feel after something like that...

Back
Top Bottom