What's happened to this place?

I havnt been around much recently (Found out my mum has cancer, so as you can imagine, not much time for recreational activities!).
sorry to hear that i know haw you feel man i think we share this one as my mum was also diagnosed whit this shit even worse is secod time in one year so its kinda hard for us at home :/ but on the topic... i see few people around here tryin to keep it alive well i really visit only production threads and new talents forum but there is few people who really trying to give good and constructive feedback and i learned much here but i can imagine that not always is time and mood really to reply i also tried to feedback as many as possible but with the shit at home and also many problems with uni is hard to focus on this forum and also is it just me or everyone trying to produce liquid these days and i am kinda sick of it allready :D so many times when i see liquid somewhere i dont even listen.. other problem might be that many people here dont see themselfs in possition to give really constructive feedback just because they dont have necessery skill and dont really know how to give these insights whic is kinda my porblem i listen to many tunes here but they often seem on such a great level compared to mine.... i dont know... i think i lost myslef in this post :D hope its readable im not from english speaking country... but yeah a feel for like past 2 weeks or so this place was really empty

I still think there's still a good deal of members with legitimate posts, questions, etc.

However, I've also noticed a trend with new/newish members who sign up, post a question (that has been answered millions of times over) and then they disappear like Casper. That said, I think it's a bit of a bi-product of having a forum like this–those interested in production who are looking for a quick answer (oxymoron) flock here from a search engine and once they see there's a good amount of people who know what they're talking about, they dive right in without a second thought to forum etiquette or utilizing the forum search engine. In other words, it's a bit of a double edged sword in that it's great the people come here to seek answers to their questions because they feel dnbforum is a reputable source, but at the same time it's a pain in the dick when it's the same rehashed question(s) or questions that are so general you just want to virtual punch the poster.

Sidenote: I'm terribly sorry to hear about your mum Fletch. I've had many people close to me fall victim to cancer in one form or another, most recently the mother of my Goddaughter passed after a two year battle with breast cancer last week...she was only 31 years old. Encouragement is the best medicine. Will definitely keep your fam in my thoughts.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your Mum Fletch my thoughts out to you & her. Also logikz real shame to hear about your stuff, feel for ya, hope you manage to get some stuff back (? at some point?)

I've been around on this forum only six months or so, but i do still find it more friendly and responsive than most others out there and also somewhere where you're more likely to get truth rather than the usual mutual backscratching that happens elsewhere :) Also some of the older members of the forum do contribute mightily to this and I have appreciated all your advice and help. Also I agree the search function is gold dust, only the other day I stumbled on a post via a search from a year ago from you lost talking about pitch-shifting your kick to the key of your track.....it had hit you at the time as a bit of a revelation and I had an equal Eureka type moment :D

The downside I think is has been said, especially in the new tracks section there are many people who are just trying to promote their latest stuff and not necessarily feedback or get involved. That's a shame, especially if you put effort into helping others but don't get anything back for your time and trouble. Good example that I felt pretty bad about was kdk - he posted his track here and then he gave real detailed feedback on maybe 10-15 people's tracks. Shame to see he didn't get many replies back especially as he clearly listened to and carefully fed back on many tunes. I guess if I was him i wouldn't post again but hopefully things like that are a one off and not a repeating trend, otherwise it'll just look like the DOA forum is. I think if we spot people who are like minded in this sense we should make an effort to make them as welcome as possible (including myself in that of course!).

I see what you mean, I tend to stay in the shadows because I simply don't produce anything I feel worthy for public consumption but I do find this place a gold mine! I try to chip in with as much as I can but yeah we need more love!

My mum recently beat breast cancer, its doable, so much more so than say 10years ago. Just keep your chins up and heads down. GWAAAN fletch

Don't give up on this forum. Its one of the few around that's of any use these days. I don't really make the sort of stuff I've heard kicking around these forums so I rarely post, but maybe that should change.

Easy guys, chins up.

Back
Top Bottom