What's Happened To DOA!!!

Originally posted by klusta
just seen a post saying only some servers are allowing access to doa, the rest of u ul have to wait :D

what do you mean?

whose servers? they are limiting the amount of traffic to the site? or certain ISPs are blocked?

i was on it earlier :shake:

Originally posted by martin
cheers stu, but how come their DNS is messed up and their IP has changed?

Solves the problem of the DDOS. Similar to how www.whitehouse.gov handled Nimda/Code Red virus last year. By changing the IP and resorting the DNS, the pings of death from the distributed attack are going to nowhere.

Being hacked just ain't fucking funny in any way whatsoever. I feel for the people in charge at DOA. When dnbscene got hacked (and that wasn't a DDOS attack, just some bastard script kiddie fucking up the database), it took me and hipnotic a whole weekend of working till 6am to fix the problem.

Mind you, that was largely cos we decided to make good of the situation and launch some new content at the same time.

Still though, we lost a day or two of posts. However, we found the guy who did it - it was some student in Bournemouth or Portsmouth or someplace. Let's just say he's no longer a student. :D

Hope the DOA boys catch whoever did this and teach them a good lesson. :finger:

lMVsLl3.gif

Back
Top Bottom