whats happeing with dnb???

monoBJ

why is there such a huge number of commercial garbage in recent times? I feel theres something rotten in dnb scene,I can clearly image in next 5 yeas dnb being on MTV,Lady GaGa feat Sub Focus type shit.Not so long ago I would laught at you if you told me what will happen to Pendulum,Sub Focus,Chase & Status and other people that are slowly becoming the same.

do you see it? I loved dubstep but in 2010-2011 it started to be something like "lets have a race who can put more bitcrush in tune" where are the days of sophisticated low dark basslines? whats with this high pitched crap thats all over the place?

there are still quality producers but they are becoming endangered species in my opinion

the dnb will end like hip hop,its taking the same course.From underground real art to MTV graveyard.

whats your opinion?

Last edited:
Hello drum and base friends, perhaps this is where us sllort hang out. Me for one love the songs i be hearing on the music box. But i perhaps been liking the drum and base alot longer then most of you (ever since i heard that band play, i say this on my other writings). But yes, at the times i be liking the songs very much but that's why me on a drum and base forum 'laugh out loud'. But yes, maybe we can share some of our bestest songs here? as i am finding little places on here that be sharing these great songs.... thank you much.

why is there such a huge number of commercial garbage in recent times? I feel theres something rotten in dnb scene,I can clearly image in next 5 yeas dnb being on MTV,Lady GaGa feat Sub Focus type shit.Not so long ago I would laught at you if you told me what will happen to Pendulum,Sub Focus,Chase & Status and other people that are slowly becoming the same.

do you see it? I loved dubstep but in 2010-2011 it started to be something like "lets have a race who can put more bitcrush in tune" where are the days of sophisticated low dark basslines? whats with this high pitched crap thats all over the place?

there are still quality producers but they are becoming endangered species in my opinion

the dnb will end like hip hop,its taking the same course.From underground real art to MTV graveyard.

whats your opinion?

your mum

i ain't listened to anything dnb related for aaaages.

Fuck it, i'm fine with my 90's hype. I'm too old to be looking for new tingz ya get meh.

what has happened?

More people can be easily producers = not so good quality music

People can download songs easily through interent and are not bothering to support people = less talented producers bothering with producing

People change over years as has music.. just look your average music channel and compare the music they played 10years ago and now
There isn't much people who live well in dnb scence most are struggling from day to day.. its hard to make music that way, your getting stressed that you can't pay your bills so they try to make more commerical songs which could get them paid

troll-line-m2645.jpg

Who cares about Cash & Status or Pendulum though?

I dont care for them anymore,I may act like I dont give a fuck but in truth the memories of the good old time,times of Vault,Wise Up,Brazil,Terminal and all that golden stuff,its just sad

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

what has happened?

More people can be easily producers = not so good quality music

People can download songs easily through interent and are not bothering to support people = less talented producers bothering with producing

People change over years as has music.. just look your average music channel and compare the music they played 10years ago and now
There isn't much people who live well in dnb scence most are struggling from day to day.. its hard to make music that way, your getting stressed that you can't pay your bills so they try to make more commerical songs which could get them paid

you have truth man but it was like this before,I mean the economic side but the amount of crap was nowhere near as bad as it is today.

yeah i agree with you the high pitched stuff is destroying my speakers :/

Skrillex for example,he takes one saw wave,give it high pitch and thats all,the result is sound so crap that I dont understand how can people like it so much,maybe I am getting old but I think that sound should have some interesting procesing/harmonic/whatever behind them to make them special,what special about one totaly flat,dry saw at ear bleeding high pitch?

Back
Top Bottom