Whats going on with this break? Not sounding nice!

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey again,

you may have seen my thread last week in the New Tracks section. I had a WIP and was suggested to try out an Amen on top and make it go crazy!

Finally had some free time for this (Yep, got some more nice ones coming through! ;) ) track tonight so I have done just that by using LiveCut but whats going on with the general sound? I know it is peaking which is making a bit of crackle but the whole break just sounds bad, quality wise...

I hope you understand what I mean, here is a clip...

Woah, some serious poppin' going on there mate. Hi-Pass the hell out of that break so that you're getting rid of all the low-end and low-mids. If you're using more than one break, send those fuckers to a bus, and then send the "breaks bus" to your drum bus. That should clean up the overall sound a bit.

Many thanks for the response man! :) Yeah the popping is nuts, thats the levels that need to be fixed.

I never actually thought about using a bus! Will this sort of just merge them all together to like smooth it out a bit like?

Cheers for the comment, I will have a play around now! :)

Many thanks for the response man! :) Yeah the popping is nuts, thats the levels that need to be fixed.

I never actually thought about using a bus! Will this sort of just merge them all together to like smooth it out a bit like?

Cheers for the comment, I will have a play around now! :)

Glad I could be of help. Sending all your drum parts to a drum bus, and then sending that bus to your stereo out will give you a bit more control. Also, you can throw a compressor on your drum bus to "glue" the parts together. Check this thread out.

Thanks for the link to the thread. I have never actually been making drum bus channels before so I have picked something else up here too :)

I changed my mind a bit with this tune. I wasn't feeling the amen on top. It does sound super sweet with my plugin running on it making it go nuts but I think I may save that trick for another tune. Not sure I have squeezed my full potential out of this track yet but I think it might be time to get it mixed down and move on!

I have a new Jungle style tune that would just be perfect for the amen so maybe I will move this idea to that one :D

Thanks very much for the help though :)

Thanks for the link to the thread. I have never actually been making drum bus channels before so I have picked something else up here too :)

I changed my mind a bit with this tune. I wasn't feeling the amen on top. It does sound super sweet with my plugin running on it making it go nuts but I think I may save that trick for another tune. Not sure I have squeezed my full potential out of this track yet but I think it might be time to get it mixed down and move on!

I have a new Jungle style tune that would just be perfect for the amen so maybe I will move this idea to that one :D

Thanks very much for the help though :)

My pleasure friend. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, it's the only way to get better ;)

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom