What's going on with Instra:mental?

CheesyPOOF5

VIP Junglist
No releases at all this year, no logins to their myspace either. Last I heard they were working on an album... is that still happening?

Last edited:
pretty sure Instra:mental are now Boddika & am also pretty sure there was word floating around a fair while ago that they aren't making any more dnb tunes :(

Yeah one half of Instra:mental is now Boddika and the other half is Jon Convex. Their new stuff is pretty banging as well

They've got some sick unreleased bits still floating about, Catch a Whisper, Human 1 2 3 and Machine Made come to mind. But yeah apparently they wanted to go in different directions, which is weird cuz Boddika & Jon Convex both make 130 bass stuff now...
I heard the actual group, Instra:mental, will be featured on a new Nonplus album though, but i highly doubt the output will be at dnb tempo

pretty sure Instra:mental are now Boddika & am also pretty sure there was word floating around a fair while ago that they aren't making any more dnb tunes :(

Instra:mental is Boddika and Jon Convex.

I don't think they are making D&B anymore but they are still making decent music that a lot of D&B heads are into.

Check out Jon Convex' Idoru LP its pretty good.

I think they've turned their backs on dnb, which is a shame, because the whole autonomic stuff that they started was excellent.

However, in terms of new stuff, Boddika did put out this tweet a couple of days ago:

Mastering the Nonplus Album 'Think and Change' today.. artists including Kassem Mosse,Four Tet,Joy Orbison,SCB, Lowtec,BSU,Martyn and more..

..so that's basically what's coming next I suppose. I'm pretty sure there was a Jon Convex album released a few months back aswell, it only came out in digital format, a sign of the times I suppose.

To be honest it is a shame but at the same time is quite nice to see all these drum and bass names blowing up over the house/tech/techno scene.

I quite often end up at parties where pretentious little dickheads tell me how out of touch I am for liking dnb and how it's a dead genre but then go on to tell each other about how the latest Trevino, Boddika, Joy O track smashed the latest Boiler Room episode, or the last time they were down Corsica Studios.
It keeps a little wry smile on my face. Also you always see tweets/interviews from Ben UFO, Scuba, Dusky and likes saying what an influence jungle and dnb has had on them and it always makes me proud to know that without the genre I know and love the contemporary dance music scene, certainly in the UK,
would be nowhere near as strong as it is today, obviously IMO.

i swear i read somewhere they fell out or something? could be complete bullshit, but doubt they'll ever get back together

Yes, I'm bumping a year old thread

INSTRA:MENTAL. UNRELEASED & UNFINISHED

http://www.eloquentnoise.co.uk/electronic/instramental-unreleased-unfinished/

"So just about everybody knows Boddika & Jon Convex [Kid Drama] stopped working together a while back ,right?
INSTRA:MENTAL were doing amazing things in the electronic,dnb & 170bpm music genres.
just like many artists many excellent tracks of theirs never got finished due to different reasons,

DBRIDGE Along with themselves played loads of unreleased stuff in the clubs and on their
groundbreaking AUTONOMIC PODCAST series.
There has been a huge demand for some of these tracks from thousands of people, ourselves included!
JON CONVEX recently commented on his FB Page that it is unlikely that any of these unreleased gems will
ever get released..say it aint so JON !
anyway us diehards still hold a glimmer of hope for a couple of bits to see the vinyl press & MP3 Stores.

a good person on Soundcloud gathered some of these unreleased tracks and put them all together for us all to enjoy.
"

https://soundcloud.com/do-the-knowledge/sets/r-i-p-instra-mental

^^^ :) lots of interesting listening on that Soundcloud page....... Machine Made, Human 0.1.2, Catch A Whisper + lots of untitled stuff

going to put this here too

http://stelf.newcastlebeats.com/Primer - Tribute Mix - Instramental.mp3

download ^^^ right click, save as etc

http://hurroooooooo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/tribute-mix-instramental.html

Not sure who done this, but.......

TL

Instra:mental - Waterfalls
Jon Convex - Falling Again
Audionite - No Good (Jon Convex Remix)
Instra:mental - Futurist
Instra:mental - Sun Rec
Instra:mental - 8
Joy Orbison, Boddika - Mercy (Boddika VIP)
Instra:mental - Thomp
Boddika - Breezin
Jon Convex - New Model
Jon Convex - No Love feat. Breakage
Joy Orbison, Boddika - &Fate
Jon Convex - Fade
Boddika - Beats Me
Photek - 101 (Boddika's Drum Machine Mix)
Jon Convex, Ore - Rise (Jon Convex Remix)
Jon Convex - Aversion
Jon Convex - Desolation
Instra:mental - Memory Implant
Instra:mental - Forbidden
Instra:mental - Vicodin
Instra:mental - Tramma
Instra:mental - Delta Zone (Advance)
June Miller - Half Top Feelngs (Instra:mental Remix)
Instra:mental - Detuned Heart
dBridge, Instra:mental - Blush Response
Consequence, Instra:mental - Reflex Reaction Ft Instra:mental
Instra:mental - Rogue
Instra:mental - Thugtronik
Instra:mental - No Future
Instra:mental - Sakura
Instra:mental - Watching You
Instra:mental - Intervention
Commix - Japanese Electronics (Instra:mental Moog Remix)
Instra:mental - Naked Zoo
Instra:mental - Hunter
Instra:mental & Nico - Horse
Instra:mental & Jonny L - Output 1 2
Instra:mental & Drkstr - Comanche
Instra:mental - Pacific Heights
Instra:mental - The Chamber
Source Direct & Instra:mental - Snowblind
Source Direct & Instra:mental - Yo Bitch
Instra:mental - Boomer

Back
Top Bottom