What's "Funny" Drum and Bass?

johnyradio

hey

a junglist recently told me there's a subgenre called "Funny Drum and Bass" or "Goofy Drum and Bass", or something like that.

anybody know what that is?

thx

there's always been a bunch of producers in the scene that basically piss about and don't take the music side of it seriously. back in the day "funny drum and bass" was guys like photek, source direct, dom & roland etc... more recently it's guys like calibre, break, and d/bridge

Struggling to comprhend the notion of a person actually making comments stating 'funny or goofy' as being subgenres...:dynamite:

I can´t speak for Britain but in Germany they called everything Clownstep that wasn´t for the chinstrokers.

My definition of clownstep includes these tunes

Clipz summed up comedy dnb. It's kind of amusing to see him now making some good music as Redlight. Why he never tried to at least make some respectable dnb is beyond me. Maybe he just didn't have the talent to produce anything other than utter cheese

My definition of clownstep includes these tunes

Yeah, for me Generation Dub were the epitome of Clown Step and did make some funny tunes in their time.

Generation Dub - Kiss My Clown Step (B) -> http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/3304-n-a-generation-dub

Plus I've always thought Twisted Individual was a joker in the scene. You only have to check his back catalogue of tune names.

Oh and Nightwalker (promo's)..... the originator of Fart Step :teeth:

Clipz summed up comedy dnb. It's kind of amusing to see him now making some good music as Redlight. Why he never tried to at least make some respectable dnb is beyond me. Maybe he just didn't have the talent to produce anything other than utter cheese

Lets not forget that Clipz made Tibetan Mist under his Humanoid alias. Up there as 1 of my favourite dnb tunes ever, but he did make ALOT of tripe too

Wow, that showdown remix is really poo, can't believe I once upon a time thought that it ...on the clipz note, not all his productions were bad..... I think this effort was great...

The DJ Fresh remix speaks for itself!!!!

Back
Top Bottom