Whats big for 2010 then?

2010 is all about Soul:ution @ Band On The Wall in Manchester.

Every single person on this forum needs to go to this night at least once next year!

We don't get Soul:ution nights down south, though I wish we did...

We, however, are blessed with BunchofCuts nights, with the Soul:ution crew and some!

Next one is mid January, typical line up of Dbridge, Doc Scott, Calibre, Marcus, Klute and always a few special guests makes it a wonderful night.

Every single person on this forum needs to go to this night at least once next year!

what are the line ups like? sorry for my naivety, but i'll probs hit one of these up at some point

Paul SG for all those Bukem / Goodlooking heads out there... He has been making enough dubs for a while and they are getting released next year. Wonderfully talented producer.

Sinistarr.. I love everything he does, he just doesn't put enough on to 12". I think he is hooking up with Creative Source again in 2010.

A few others who should be making large, Jubei, Soul Defiance, ASC...

^^

yeah man. If Bukem gets everything together GLR will have an awesome year. Furney, Eveson, Paul SG, Phatplayaz etc.

Read somewhere distro problems have been sorted, so they'll be back :shrug:

Heard he's got some very interesting co-labs in the pipeline. Working with peeps like Slayer, Motorhead & Snoop Dog

ive been in and around drummer for a long time now and baron is still my number one producer. his production style has seemed to mature at the same rate as my taste in tunes! he used to make massive bouncy wobblers and now the stuff he is producing is unreal...still here is incredible and i cant believe turn up the sun didnt get the support it so clearly deserved....cant wait to see what he comes out with next but i heard he is moving out of drummer :( will be a sad day :(

ive been in and around drummer for a long time now and baron is still my number one producer. his production style has seemed to mature at the same rate as my taste in tunes! he used to make massive bouncy wobblers and now the stuff he is producing is unreal...still here is incredible and i cant believe turn up the sun didnt get the support it so clearly deserved....cant wait to see what he comes out with next but i heard he is moving out of drummer :( will be a sad day :(

What is 'drummer'?

defo need to hit this up...its been done up and lookin sweet...

ang is workin on a few Gloxxy banners for ya...check the post a picture i have found a pic of myself and i am sure its you in the back ground...ave a butch.

Pretty much every producer in this mix:

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=91799

You've got Spor's new EP on Lifted, the BLOKHE4D project from Maldini, Vegas and Uman, Noisia with their album, Body n Soul will probably have some big stuff coming, and Prolix is a no brainer.

Other than that looking forward to some of Dillinja and Hazard's unreleased stuff, Bladerunner's album, the DSB collaborations thing, Taxman and Sub Zero's EPs and Fresh's album off the top of my head...

Pretty much every producer in this mix:

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=91799

You've got Spor's new EP on Lifted, the BLOKHE4D project from Maldini, Vegas and Uman, Noisia with their album, Body n Soul will probably have some big stuff coming, and Prolix is a no brainer.

Other than that looking forward to some of Dillinja and Hazard's unreleased stuff, [B]Bladerunner's album[/B], the DSB collaborations thing, Taxman and Sub Zero's EPs and Fresh's album off the top of my head...

i spoke to ray keith bout 2 weeks ago and he said that the album will be out in the first week or so of january and he's already finished his sceond album which will be out in may

I think the scene as a whole will sort itself out in 2010. Dynamic genre definition will occur, producers will push the envelope in 2010 with new originality and innovative samples.

Sounds 'N Bass will take off with Sabre, dBridge, Rockwell and Anile (in no particular order) bringing us a new form of DnB.

Liquid will see some HUGE releases this year. Highly anticipated releases (from Hospital) Netsky, Commix, High Contrast, and Logistics should surface early in 2010 and will stay solid throughout the year.

Dancefloor Drum 'N Bass will DEFINITELY breakthrough with a new-found popularity. Sub Focus' live performance will be a hit and shed some arguably much-needed light on DnB music within the electro/crack scene. This will only remain popular as our mainstream "big names" (Pendulum, Chase & Status, Dirtyphonics -- maybe even High Contrast or Sigma??) will lead the race for HUGE event bookings and massive live shows debuting their newest and soon to be most popular forms of electronic music. You will see more of our most prized producers collaborating with already known artists, creating mass-appeal, what was once a rave might turn into a concert.

I think some of the big names in Tech/Darker style DnB will emerge with the newest and personally most favorite tunes. Spor, Noisia, S.P.Y, Hamilton, Spectrasoul and sooo many more talented producers will impact the scene in a very large way this year.

All in all I see DnB making a biiigg impact on electronic music in 2010. I see some artists that will attempt to appeal to the Dubstep scene and in turn miss out on a sleeping giant lead by our mainstream artists and trickling that popularity into our more abstract sounds... for example, individuals will hear Sub Focus Live and begin to research and discover some of the more unpopular DnB. I'd also venture a guess (as well as anticipate) that remixing and collaborations will also be very lucrative this year.

nj (hopes he can live through the year to see if he's right!)

Dubstep taking over and DnB dying..

FUCK THAT!!!!

Image recordings taking off with some massive releases.
Sub Zero and Taxman EP's
Andy C being promoted to Andy B
Maniak bringing out some wicked tunes and getting recognized as a brilliant DJ!

Dubstep taking over and DnB dying..

FUCK THAT!!!!

Image recordings taking off with some massive releases.
Sub Zero and Taxman EP's
Andy C being promoted to Andy B
Maniak bringing out some wicked tunes and getting recognized as a brilliant DJ!

The only thing i hate about dnb is waiting for the tunes to come out! n by the time it has theres no point of buying it coz iv heard it abut 1000 times.

DUBSTEPPPPPPPPP ALL THE WAY!!! haha!

For 2010, i hope to help (me & others) build on the foundations laid by dnbforum member 'sneezing7' in further exposing the drum & bass sounds to this 'little' island called Cyprus.

Xample & Lomax
Hamilton
Culture Shock
S.P.Y
Rockwell
Breakage
Nero

As above it will be interesting to see what Sub Focus brings with live act.

This pleases me greatly. Culture shock needs an explosive year after having only ONE (I believe) track brought out the whole of this year. Come on Bad Red!

Back
Top Bottom