wHATS BETTER FOR DRUM N BASS CUBASE LOGIC OR PRO TOOLS

Discussion in 'Production' started by omowglio, Mar 20, 2009.

1. omowglio

omowglio Member

wHATS BETTER FOR DRUM N BASS CUBASE LOGIC OR PRO TOOLS, I NOUR GNA SAY IT DOESNT MATTER. BUT IM IN DEBATE TO BUY A MAC 4 LOGIC BUT IS TEHRE NO POINT IF PRO TOOLS OR CUBASE IS JUST AS GOOD

2. dj_drifta

dj_drifta New Member

Pro-Tools B2B HD|24 B2B Control 24 B2B Nintendo Wii

3. The Hex

The Hex Member

personally i love logic. but if you dont have a mac already then i would find it rather pointless to buy one just for the sole sake of using logic. theres plenty of good things about those other programs. plus its all about personal preference.

but those fuckos over at digidesign will have you spending money out the yang-hi if you want anything outside of standalone pro tools.

4. Phyella

Phyella Chef 'n' Bass

Doesn't matter what you use. Everyone has their own preference.
    Use Reason, FL, Cubase, Logic, PT whatever, or a combination of them.
    If you're tunes are whack, they're still gonna be whack no matter what program you use (not saying your tunes are whack mate don't worry hehehe)
    The point is, these are only tools to get the sounds in your head into sounds you can hear :)

If you're relatively new to production then I'd suggest Reason or FL, though some people find they gel better with Cubase etc.

Get some demos mate and see what tickles yer fancy

HTH

5. They all do exactly the same job mate. You can similar results on all 3 of them. I use Logic because Mac's are a more stable machine and generally have more power with easy upgrades.

6. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

It doesn't matter. You can get the same results from any of them. Its just how you utilise the software that matters.

7. DJ SamWise

DJ SamWise Gurnhead

reason 4 ftw!!111

8. KEMZ

KEMZ Blatant Royal Status

lok at your budget........now look at the software.......get what you can afford.

likewise its about your ideas, not so much the tools, they all do same kind of job really.

i would suggest getting as many samples as you can possibly lay your hands on though!

9. The Hex

The Hex Member

amen brother... no pun intended

10. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Cos it's true. What's the best car to drive to the store to pick up your software? Doesn't matter as long as you get there, right? Right.

11. dubco

dubco Dubco

Im with you on this one. I started making music on a windows machine. Bought 6 before i purchased my first macbook. man i should have saved my cash and just bought a mac t begin with. its one of those things you dont know until you try and learn.

there are great things about all DAWs out today as they continue to gain mass sex appeal between digital producers and the likes. now with intels in the new os x computers the sky is the limit... oh and i get no more pops and clicks thanks to outdated hardware :)

music is the key to everything Einstein.

12. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

"Its not what you use blah blah blah"

End of

just use what ya feel comfortable with

Would you wear running shoes, that didnt fit as nice but were more expensive for a race? or would you wear the cheap ones that you run like a fucking madman in? hahaha