Whats best way to learn to scratch

start simple, don't try n 'run b4 u can walk'

solidify a few simple scratches/cuts on their own then work on glueing them together. After you can do that just keep trying to glue more scratches into a sequence.

Ya should be able to search for a couple of my threadz which outline some of the techniques.

One very useful tip - try to do the same scratches with both hands, swap hands/swap dex. This means you will create yaself the same style on both sides (something i aint done yet :( ).

Another one - get ya equipment setup for scratchin e.g. needle weight, polish patters, get some slipmats that sit properly without moving sideways caus da hole too big!

Final one - Develop your own style, don't just copy other dj's....you'll enjoy it so much better if you're developing ya own stuff.

Pffft, bout all from me....i can't scratch n e way!:teeth:

Get yourself some skratch records. Goto Juno/Chemical Records (Tho I picked one from HMV last week :) ) & get dedicated skratch plates. It will save you f*cking up/marking good tunes. Pratice, pratice & pratice some more. It will come, it just takes time.

there's a scratch tutorial series by dj iq on dnb arena which will show you the basics and isn't too bad, and there's the qbert diy dvd's which are really good to learn from, apart from that, like the others said, practise, practise, practise.

Kaos Theory said:
cheerz guys

i got that qbert dvd, its quite gd, but he dusnt break it down enuff, he jus shows u his scratches.

but you get the multi angle options and 32 bars to scratch along with him, the idea is to watch and learn without getting too techie (y)

Back
Top Bottom