Whats A good Mixer to Get ??!??!?!? <<-------

jungle_slut said:
yes definatly a perfect all around mixer except for those ones with the rotary knobs. i dunno about those, i dont like anything thats not already familar. I actually even prefer the tm56's or whatever. straight forward and easy, perfect for events cuz then djs arent trippin on tryin to figure out the mixer and focusing on mixing.

The rotary kbobs worry me, I like a nice push up fade in and push down fade out... seems a lot more natural and easy to control than twisting two knobs at the same time (though I do do freq swaps on the eqs...)

i say the vestax pvc-275 is a good way to go.

one rule when it comes to mixers for dnb:

STAY AWAY FROM ROTARY KNOBS.

"eclerc nuo 5"

I totaly agree! i am having nuo 2 and it's briliant mixer. i highly recommend:love:
edit: and it's not so expensive;) paece

Last edited:
all i can say is Allen and Heath of stfu lol
sound quality is awesome

only heard bad things about pioneer 600's dont know how there were the most used club mixer here in aus but now its A&H

have a look around can get some good dealsi got my A&H 62 for almost half price boh

sdm said:
Xone:92 has an adjustable fader doesn't it?

As does the Xone:32!

The 32 fader is still utter pap for scratching, dunno why they bothered with curve adjust.
Apparently it's all solved on the newer ones but I don't know anyone that has used a Xone 92 so who knows.

Sound quality is great on A&Hs but if you can't do the set you want then no amount of sound quality can fix it.

For the low budget people like myself The Numark DM1 gets my vote, it has a reasonable cross fade adjust, doesn't sound too bad and has USB outs and ins as well as the normal ones.
Used an Allen & Heath ( at a free party surprisingly) very nice, Pioneer is nice too. Vestax are OK, but sound a bit 'thin' not such a warm sound, Technics are great for crabbing, but hell if I had the money probblay a Pioneer.

I would say that there is one critcial feature I'd like to see on mixers...taht is pre fade levels for each channel..that Rane one don't have that...quite useful.

Last edited:
sparkyc10 said:
ive got the vestax pcv275 and i think its worth the money. you really have to get hands on with both though and see which one you prefer that way
recently sold my pcv275 to get a xone32. really glad i made that decision too. if your still after a mixer try pick up a second hand one of these :2thumbs:

....... What the fuck ....... what about the god like Allen and Heath Xone 02

Thing is fucking is meant for scratching, adustable fader curves, fader eq's. I mean come bloody here people!!!

depends whether you scratch or not dunnit.

ive got a tascam xs8 which is nice, but some times the fader curves are still a bit steep on scratch mixers for really smooth mixes (even with the adjustment)

i would like to have a go with rotarys tbh for some nice rolling liquid mixes :)

but i agree it would be very limiting

Allen & Heath is a great place to start. I got myself a Xone:02 professional battle mixer, some key features are:

-The EQ is all faders instead of knobs
-It has a proper power supply, that does not humm out your speakers
-It has XLR outputs so you can actually hook it up to a proper amp/power supply
-it has the fully adjustable fader curves.
-you can replace faders with Penny & Giles

I'm planning to buy me an Ecler(2channel), good stuff!
nuo2.jpg

Having used an Aleen & heath at quite a few events I have to say I fucking hate them..something really un user friendliy about them...Allen & Heaths are proper qual;ity but I just can't get on with them...don't ask m ewhy ...I wish I knew myself !!! :coffee:

Those Denon mixers are dope...all of them
And the Digital Tascams have a delay..
Ive had my djm500 since they came out [original model]
And have actually spilled drinks init.....
still works.....2 chanels anyway:carlton:

Back
Top Bottom