What way do you think d-n-b should be going?

Dj_Warrant

Do you think producers should be trying to create new sounds and tunes or keep remixing and remixing older tunes?

my personal opinion is that the remixing is getting outta hand now...take dj ron's worries in dance 2003...the words horse,flogging and dead could be arranged to discribe that...however orig on flip so good for those who missed it 1st time round

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I think that they are trying to bring the tunes of yesteryear up to today's standards, but why? cuz a lot of the tunes where ahead of their time in the first place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:smash:

Most remixs are not even too terribly different than the originals, Clockwork Remixs. But some producers can actually make quality tracks out of total crap, like Total Science. But Generally speaking remixs are boring and should be avoided like SARS.

i reckon producers should make original stuff rather than remix, to keep the sound evolving. BUT i do like remixes, as long as they do the original justice. i also don't like the way that certain tunes have had 4 or more remixes cos it does get boring - just get one producer who will do the best job to remix it and be done with it.

that's my view anyway :spliff:

That worries in the dance one is fucking awful, but there have been some good ones this year.

NHS (total science mix)
Those DJs (hazard mix)
Mash up the place (hazard mix)
Squash (BC mix)

I'm sure there's more that I forgot.

A remix done right is great but a crap one can spoil a good track. That's really like any track tho i guess except a remix might be a bit more of a disappointment if you liked the original, but hey if it's crap don't buy it!

Originally posted by Serum
That worries in the dance one is fucking awful, but there have been some good ones this year.

Those DJs (hazard mix)
Mash up the place (hazard mix)
Are you joking?

The NHS remix and the remixes on the Metalheadz classic remix pack are about the only decent ones done in the last couple of years. There's been a few OK ones from High Contrast & almost everything else has been proper shit.

Leave them alone and put some effort into new tunes!

I know what you mean about the remixes, I know this a D&B Forum but look at what it has done to things like trance. The tracks got remixed time & time again & ruined alot of the originality in the music. Drum & Bass has taken a huge leap in the past year & so many people are joining this new wave, so they want to know what all the big & classic tracks are, so they get the feeling of the whole scence & where it originated from. But the problem is that as soon as a bit of hype goes around one producer or track everything else in there back catalogue needs to be changed or remixed to fit 'The Moment in Music' so to speak. If the record companies keep there ears wide open there going to be hearing some of the freshest, creative sounds from up & coming producers therefore don't need to keep remixing all the old tracks to keep things going full circle.

Originally posted by sayber
I know what you mean about the remixes, I know this a D&B Forum but look at what it has done to things like trance. The tracks got remixed time & time again & ruined alot of the originality in the music. Drum & Bass has taken a huge leap in the past year & so many people are joining this new wave, so they want to know what all the big & classic tracks are, so they get the feeling of the whole scence & where it originated from. But the problem is that as soon as a bit of hype goes around one producer or track everything else in there back catalogue needs to be changed or remixed to fit 'The Moment in Music' so to speak. If the record companies keep there ears wide open there going to be hearing some of the freshest, creative sounds from up & coming producers therefore don't need to keep remixing all the old tracks to keep things going full circle.

Fully understood, couldn't have put it better myself:thumbsup:

yeah i agree wiv that!

Ive been into the music along time....from old hardcore to todays d-n-b....and it is a shame when they take a classic from the day and bring it up to date wiv bad results...it puts a tarnish on the original for me.

I don't like many remixes, only the select few...

How many remixes are there of champion sound now?! lol :lol:

Originally posted by ZESTIE
I don't like many remixes, only the select few...

How many remixes are there of champion sound now?! lol :lol:

Or the lighter.

I think top of the list has to be trace's mutationz remixes. How fucking many of those are there

I was pretty disappointed with the SS tunes off his remix EP. Apart from hazard's one and the pretty ancient Dual Voltage remix the rest were pretty poor.

Originally posted by Serum
I think top of the list has to be trace's mutationz remixes. How fucking many of those are there

I was pretty disappointed with the SS tunes off his remix EP. Apart from hazard's one and the pretty ancient Dual Voltage remix the rest were pretty poor.

Agreed. Impressed with the SS and Twisted remix of 'Like a Bird', though. That was killer, it reminded me of an evil version of 'The Laughing Policeman'.:D

Originally posted by deadaelus
But some producers can actually make quality tracks out of total crap, like Total Science.

no heard the Total Science remix of that Lamb tune then.......

much prefer produces who are branching out with the new flavas (mr.fresh has to be the don at the mo)
but there are one or to remixes that come out that can be absolute killlas-that dick all over the original, but they are few and far between!!

after the absolute shit-burger that was dillinja's nitrous remix (reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuckin miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix - christ...) i'd have thought every producer who heard it would have been put off remixin anything.

make some original tunes, yeah? or u might risk soundin like dillinja.

heard the skibba-twist em out rmx on radio 1 at work today, bad in both respects: 1)shit remix 2)Why on radio 1 during the day?-shit like that gives d&b a bad name!!!

Back
Top Bottom