DnB What was THE tune that got you to fall in love with drum and bass?

thought&process

Noctem Audio
I hesitate to list anything by RDJ or Amon Tobin because to be honest, those two are beyond a genre label in my opinion.

But the first I can think of, was this:

Fell in love with liquid instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
machete

not even lying.

I knew about DnB before i heard that, mostly pendulum, but everyone knew pendulum around 2007.

machete

not even lying.

I knew about DnB before i heard that, mostly pendulum, but everyone knew pendulum around 2007.

tarantula, blood sugar and slam were the tunes that got me into it. shortly after that i started discovering dnb artists and sub genres and here i am now

i used to hear that tune almost DAILY on pirate radio stations like Filth.FM a few years back. odd that a ton of dubstep DJs were playing it out, but I dont mind dropping it from time to time haha

i didn't think there was any more to dnb other than jump-up, and pendulum for about a year after discovering it....then someone showed me noisia - stigma, everything changed.

interesting topic.
the first thing I remember was the darlight cd of ganja kru: http://www.discogs.com/Ganja-Kru-Darklight/release/68225
i fell in love with some of the tunes, especially "Hornet". next thing i checked out was shot down on safari from that point on i discovered BSE (driving insane cd) & pendulum and went to sub focus, tc back to back icicle, zero t & spectrasoul. all in about 4 years from 04-05 till late 07 to 08

chameleon - link

Mate at college put it on a compilation tape, id heard a few jungle tunes already but that blew me away. Still does now

machete

not even lying
weirdly this was the track that got me back into dnb after not listening to any for about 8 years. (Feel old now lol)

Back
Top Bottom