DnB What was THE tune that got you to fall in love with drum and bass?

Kemet Crew - The Box Re-Opens

Man this fucked me up. I remember doing buckets and walking around growling at people with this repeating on my Walkman. But then it has the beautiful breakdown which I needed to drag me in at then stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heard my cousin play it in his car when i was 14 and loved it. He made me a mix cd which i showed everyone and i felt like the coolest kid in school

EDIT-

Kemet Crew - The Box Re-Opens

Yes! got The Seed Ep on wax. some big tunes on there

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the scene before D&B was even about so i'll have to say it was The Prodigy's album 'Experience' that got me into the Rave/Hardcore scene in 1991 and i've been here ever since!

I just can't choose one song. My mate had Tech Itch - Killabytes 2 playing in his car. I heard Portscan, then Altitude but I blew my nut at Dom and Rolands - Imagination. Being a metal head fell inlove with the darkness and mystery and the sheer fact it scared the fucking shit out of me haha.

I was in the scene before D&B was even about so i'll have to say it was The Prodigy's album 'Experience' that got me into the Rave/Hardcore scene in 1991 and i've been here ever since!
progidy int drum n base tho mate ,just sayin? if u had 2 chose a d'n"b trak (or mabey jungle?) wot wood it be>

Fat+Of+The+Land+fatland.jpg

along with loads of others i think this is probably the one!

It started with Aphex Twin and Squarepusher for me, then I was introduced to "Concord Dawn - Morning Light" and never looked back!

It started with Aphex Twin and Squarepusher for me, then I was introduced to "Concord Dawn - Morning Light" and never looked back!

The illict dubstep remix of morning light by Tryptomatik really made me wet and hard, and high and low and up and down and sideways when i heard it... that wad time ago during my very first rolls

[video=youtube_share;96FG1lDm00g]http://youtu.be/96FG1lDm00g[/video]

Absolute perfection. Heard this on Fabio's show about 10 years ago, been hooked on dnb ever since!

Too right Mr G. That album was responsible for lot of people joining what some call the hardcore continuum.. :shades:

Last edited:
progidy int drum n base tho mate ,just sayin? if u had 2 chose a d'n"b trak (or mabey jungle?) wot wood it be>

This is the problem! I'm the same! I'd fallen into what would become D&B. That stuff Prodigy was making is what D&B came from. Granted their latter albums changed up somewhat but the breaks on the experience album is pure D&B!!

Mmmh, the music itself it would have to be 'pulp fiction' by Alex Reece. Shadow boxing b/w prototype years for getting into it in a big way!

Back
Top Bottom