NSFW What was the last film you watched?...NSFW

Daulph Lauren

M0DERATOR
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
DUUUUUUDE NO WAYYYYYYY no wait haha what am I saying, it's going to suck, why am I so excited for

Well, it's the first ever lovecraft Hollywood big budget production, so it is a very special thing, even if it sucks. Of course, the point gets kind of moot if the movie sucks
Regardless it’s Nick Cage it’s bound to at least be entertaining

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Regardless it’s Nick Cage it’s bound to at least be entertaining
Its about a family that moves into a haunted house kind of movie, but the haunted House is lovecrafts colour out of space, and nick cage is the family father hero of the movie fighting for his family's life against various supernatural threats, I think I saw from the trailer the various members of the family are menaced by evil spirits, alien monsters, asteroid crash, the colour from out of space (which is purple btw, they just made it purple) and mutant vegetables and cosmic horror spores and bacteria.

So I'm thinking the movie is nick cage in a furious struggle to fend off the cosmic baddies from eating/killing/possessing his wife and kids as they try to settle in to the new house, and they should have ran away immediately but they didn't, they stay because they have to make the new house work because they sank all their savings into it, but after a few particularly close shaves with death for all of them and an almost successful possession of the son/wife and the daughter looks like she dies but comes back in the end, nick cave says OK fuck it we have to leave, and the house goes up in purple cosmic laser beam flame explosions as they run away, and it's basically an amityville horror remake set against a lovecraft story backdrop instead.

This is my prediction, I will watch it tonight if I can find an OK copy, what do you say, think it's close? Or not? I'm just guessing based on the trailer but I'm usually right and it sucks becuase my technique is i just imagine the worst thing that could possibly happen, and 99% of the time it's spot on

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
yeah, let's see what it is. lovecraft seems to become the ultimate thing right now. :lol:https://screenrant.com/lovecraft-movie-development-david-benioff-db-weiss/
Heyyyyyy Holy shit, ok, wow, that's fun? But it's not a lovecraft Book, it's a graphic novel called 'lovecraft' and I'm pretty sure I've got all lovecraftian comics, but I don't know which one this is, is it the one with the cult that worships a deep one? Or is it the one befire that maybe

Where the hell is mountains of madness by del toro or, you know, an actual lovecraft story by lovecraft and not a comic book with his name OOOH NO WAIT come to think of it, those graphic novels are by Alan Watts!!

Goddamn it i still feel sore from my ex leaving me, it fucking hurts. But then I remember my new girl and it feels better. But then I feel violently sick from my achey break heart again. And it's like an emotional LFO on fucking bazooka settings with hemi-quaver and the weird part is i don't even remember her that well, like I can't hear her voice, she barely spoke English, her face is different in every memory, I remember thinking she was actually hideous on more than one occasion and I really felt I'd had my fill of her at one point, after that I was contented never to see her again because I really felt I'd done all I could ever have wanted with her, and I found her extremely plain as a person, not one noticeable personality trait other than a deep seated insecurity and outright hate for her own face and body, and a negative attitude, she complained all the time, I think that's why I got the impression she was the master race, it made me think she was classy, lady like, muted, dignified, mysterious, reserved, elegant, I was supremely attracted by it, but I know now there was nothing to it, no substance at all, she's from some island, she lives in a little one room apartment in Tokyo, she has no interests other than sweden or her job, she's failed as a photographer, she's very likely barren, honestly there is fucking notjing about her I would have liked in the long run, no longevity whatsoever, I would have tired of her in a week, ffs she can't even talk English, let alone Swedish, but my brain still thinks I was deeply in love and i can't shake the feeling of heart break.

We talked about this and I went and did it again, like a fucking idiot, as soon as humanly possible. Incredible. Also very predictable. Fuck.

But like i said, I have a new one, younger, sweeter, speaks English, already has her permanent visa, lives here, just heaps better, here, I'll show you:
IMG-20200118-WA0004.jpg

So I don't know what I'm complaining about really, everything is OK in principle, but I can't convince my brain were ok and nothing happened. But this should be quick, it should be over in a couple of weeks, realistically

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Watched Lake Mungo a few weeks ago, i've seen a million horrors over my time but this one legit scared me - and it takes alot.
The trailer is trash but the whole film is on youtube. I recommend sitting down and giving the whole thing a good watch because it stuck with me a long time after it ended

William Stutter

VIP Junglist
Watched Lake Mungo a few weeks ago, i've seen a million horrors over my time but this one legit scared me - and it takes alot.
The trailer is trash but the whole film is on youtube. I recommend sitting down and giving the whole thing a good watch because it stuck with me a long time after it ended
thanks for the hint. such a good movie, spooky and also sad in a very subtle way. it's most probably no accident that the family name is palmer since the story has some references to laura palmer from twin peaks (cause of dead, mystery of her life/thing with the neighbours, premonition of death...), but the storyline is very interesting in its own right. also solid actors which made it enjoyable to watch. not your average ghost story.

Sicx

VIP Junglist
thanks for the hint. such a good movie, spooky and also sad in a very subtle way. it's most probably no accident that the family name is palmer since the story has some references to laura palmer from twin peaks (cause of dead, mystery of her life/thing with the neighbours, premonition of death...), but the storyline is very interesting in its own right. also solid actors which made it enjoyable to watch. not your average ghost story.
Defiantly a big twin peaks influence. Glad you liked it though, its really underrated, and I would almost describe it as more of a mystery or family drama, than a horror - it's a story about grief and how a family copes. But I also found it very sad, alice was not understood or noticed in life, and unfortunately it was the same in death. she was there all along, but they failed to notice.
like i say it stuck with me for a while, very eerie film overall, and that one scene at the lake still freaks me out