what video games you rinsing?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Alba, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

what games you feeling atm?

i've been watching the development of forza motorsport on xbox for a while now... i can't wait to get some quality use from the xbox for the first time in a while. getting a copy tonight.

i've been warming up the xbox thumbs with some rainbow six three and multiplayer project gotham 2 over xlink.

on pc its just been secondlife and nothing else because my cpu is on the rag.

what you been playing?

2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

2 b honest dude i havnt played a game in ages. When i got sum free time i'm usually mixing or trying to make tunes. My driving instructor told me that theres a soul calibre 3 coming out so i mite have a looky looky at that

3. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

I been rinsing some retro games just lately, bought a Sega Saturn on eBay and been playin' this game Radiant Silvergun... shit hot game and i tell ya, the graphics on this one put most of the stuff on my XBox to shame.... :wtf: I also hear this game is worth quite a bit of money to collectors :D

4. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Ive been trying to get Zelda finished on the gamecube coz the new uns gonna be out soon ive heard.

Im holding my breath for the Godfather and the fiddy-cent game from rockstar :thumbsup:

5. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

predator :: concrete jungle mang!

6. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

GT4 n MGS 3 Snake Eater

7. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

HALO 2. XBOX LIVE. :slayer:

8. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

closing to 100% on San andreas... :twitchy: :dutty:

9. Cube

Cube www.exegene.com

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
    and America's Army (www.americasarmy.com < it's free)

10. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

how good is Tiger Woods PGA on xbox?? i dunno which one i was playing 2004/2005 (if released) but I had a shit hot time beltin that little white ball about.
    that fishing game is funny after about 6 beers, with no beer it sucked quite badly though... [​IMG]

11. checkmabadself

checkmabadself A gift from punjab

wipeout Pure & Ridge racer on the PSP! Whoop :carlton:

12. Triple M

Triple M Admin

I also not played a video game in a looong time!

But heard alot about Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube, watched a few video clips and what not, so I thought id pick it up^!

A what a good purchase it was!

£10 cheaper than the shops if you buy it online too! :slayer:

Gotta love the way you can 'go where you want' so to speak, unlike the first old style Resident Evil games.
    Just as scary I rekkon. Not to be played in an empty house on ya own! o_O

:teeth:

Plus you get the pump-action shotgun real early on in the game! yeeeeeea :pimp:

If you got a Gamecube, go buy this!!! (y)

13. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Since I've gotten the Xbox, I don't bother with the PC for games anymore. The PC can't keep up well with what comes out without dumping heaps of money into it.

01). Doom3 - It kicks the crap out of the PC version even though peices of the levels are missing. As if ID thought I wouldn't notice this... They're lazy bastards.... I would have kindly waited another 5 months for a complete Xbox version.

02). The Simpsons "Road Rage" - Sure its a Crazy Taxi rip off but its done well. I really like how video game designers are working in really interesting graphic design styles into games now.

03). Halo 1 - Its old, but its new to me. Its not as good as Halo 2 but I didn't expect for it to be.

04). Halo 2 - Sure its not as good as Doom3 because it lacks the gritty real life feel. Instead Halo in general is on a completely different level. Everything in Halo feels like an MDMA trip where everything is bright and shinney. Obviously the creaters of Halo are ex-ravers and the mixmastermorris-like sound track certainly reflects that.

05). Metal of Honor: Frontline - The finest WWII sim I've ever played. It kicks Call of Duty in the nuts because its not too frustrating and I've nearly beat it.

Worst Xbox game: Call of Duty......the graphics are fine but the difficulty level is through the roof. If any one wants to buy or trade my american version of this its up for grabs. Other wise I'm going to get 15.00 store credit for it at EB.

14. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

Theme hospital is just the best game ever. It is ancient but it's so fun and I don't like shooting people or racing around :rosie:

15. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I'm rinsing Midnight Club 3: Dub out...

Awesome game with great cars and awesome tunes...

And the funny (or appropriate) thing is I'm tricking out my little real-life jap tuner when I'm not in a virtual garage.

16. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

are you sure youre from Essex? :p

17. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

not all essex girls are chavs :gpeace:

which brings me to my next fav game, Need for Speed underground

Its incredibly cheesy! The way they portrait a "Wild life, in the underground, above the law street races"
    and in order to finish the game, you ride needs to look like a Tatto shop!
    Great if you want the thrill, but avoid beeing called a chav!
    :slick:

18. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

the gameplay on NFS Underground is way too fast, i end up getting frustrated.

:scally:

19. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Which leads nicely into -

A game for chavs! :scally:

Hehe the only game more chavish is Midnight Club 3: Dub (I can see some chav writing "Me Sheila" on a Lotus Esprit windscreen in 'garage', aka 'chaving it up' mode). They should make Midnight Club 3: Chav where instead of supercars you get Fiestas and Renault 5's to chav up. And the only game mode is the tire burn tournament.

Actually, the only game even more chavish is GTA 3: San Andreas - driving around in a big crappy car listening to NWO.

20. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Try Midnight Club - sometimes I feel I should be on whizz to drive the cars... then again I sometimes get "in the zone" with this game where a tiny part of my mind is going "WTF - this is insane speed" and the rest isn't thinking at all, just reacting.

You could use this game or Wipeout to train jet pilots - pure reflexes.

About the "in the zone" - ever get that feeling when you're playing a gig... you don't really know what you're doing, you're just reacting, dancing behind the decks and picking records, tweaking eqs, cuing on automatic and people are freaking on the floor? Best sensation in the world, better than sex... sometimes (leaves me even more exhausted). Not pissed, not stoned out of your mind, just naturally high on adrelanine and the dopamine in your brain from the bassline.