What upz from Detroit?

Donkey1

2centcrackwhore
Just wanted to say what upz to the dnbforum kru & posters. Man I f*cking love D&B, imo it's one of the only genres that can take you to the highest heights of pure perpetual rhythm and then slam you back down to broken hellish paradise we all love - and then anywhere between. Which ever way you want to feel, or how the world around you is causing one to feel, there's a twelve hour set just for that one single emotion tucked and tied away in the crates of the past & present.
I'm sure many of us have been doing this shit since the early-late 90's. LOOK AT HOW FAR THIS GENRE HAS COME! When I started we were double dropping Urban takeover shit, like WHOA, not knowing how intricate and refined this sound would become years later. I love it, all of it.

I also love production. Ive been working with FL since 3.0 and am now working with 9.0. Why haven't I moved up/out? When you strictly work with one program for almost 9 years, you know sh*t about it that others don't, I know the shortcuts, I know how to get the sound I want immediately (in most cases), and how to sequence/arrange, how to sidechain and get FF effects, and and and....You feel me? It works for me. But let me add this. Ive got some gear, Im going to list below. If anyone else has tips/techniques to share, I'm listening cause I am quite new to using gear. This is what Im woking with

5x Technics sl1200mk5,3
1x Pionner DJM 600
2x Yamaha HS80Ms
2x Behringer B212As (Do NOT buy these POS speakers! - I should have known better, FARK Behringer!)
1x Rane SL box w/ Serato
1x PreSonus Firestudio
1x M Audio Axiom 25
1x Tascam DP-01
1x Roland RS5
1x Korg padKONROL
1x Acces Virus TI - My fucking fav!

Where's the mixer? It's definitely next...

5x Technics sl1200mk5,3
1x Pionner DJM 600
2x Yamaha HS80Ms
2x Behringer B212As (Do NOT buy these POS speakers! - I should have known better, FARK Behringer!)
1x Rane SL box w/ Serato
1x PreSonus Firestudio
1x M Audio Axiom 25
1x Tascam DP-01
1x Roland RS5
1x Korg padKONROL
1x Acces Virus TI - My fucking fav!

seriay...nice setup :rinsed:

:welcome:

Yo, would seriously love to visit Detroit, serious music city, Motown, techno / electro / house, UR, HH, Booty. Must be sick underground music scene.

:)

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom