What types of vsts/samplers does Netsky use?

alaska

I'm looking to acquire some high quality vsts/samplers for some Netsky like leads/pads/strings. I could really use some recommendations. I know a number of you suggested the built in Logic plugs, but I feel like they simply lack the quality and variety of sounds that I'm looking for. Keep in mind I'm on the new OS X Mountain Lion.

Massive is for bass and while Sylenth is great I'm looking for something more a bit more realistic sounding.

Massive is for bass and while Sylenth is great I'm looking for something more a bit more realistic sounding.

you asked, and i quote: 'What types of vsts/samplers does Netsky use?'

the answer? Massive and Sylenth

and massive isnt just for bass.

you asked, and i quote: 'What types of vsts/samplers does Netsky use?'

the answer? Massive and Sylenth

and massive isnt just for bass.

+20

also for pitching, netsky likes to use 2 oscillators with one +/- 5

edit: oh ya and you keep talking about having shit sound realistic, that's most likely gonna be down to how the vsts are subsequently processed (eq compression etc, especially stereo). both massive and sylenth are very powerful synths

hold up.. something more authentic than Sylenth? It has some of the best authentic synth sounds your gonna get with vst's, one of the closest to analog sound that i know of...... Sylenth much like just about any synth, can be programmed. If you know even the basics of sound design and even the basics of synthesis, Sylenth can be a powerhouse..

4 oscillators should be plenty to get the sounds you want... 2 (not the best) good filters, the modulation routing is a bit hinky but..

And as far as samplers go, the exs is a beast...

Last edited:
hold up.. something more authentic than Sylenth? It has some of the best authentic synth sounds your gonna get with vst's, one of the closest to analog sound that i know of...... Sylenth much like just about any synth, can be programmed. If you know even the basics of sound design and even the basics of synthesis, Sylenth can be a powerhouse..

4 oscillators should be plenty to get the sounds you want... 2 (not the best) good filters, the modulation routing is a bit hinky but..

And as far as samplers go, the exs is a beast...

Exs is nice but I wish it had more sounds. More pads etc.

get a synth... one of those suggested above and LEARN how to use it. then you have an infinite number of possible sounds at your disposal. massive and sylenth are the hospital crew's goto synths, I know for a fact fred v and grafix use them too, grafix told me himself. you arent ever gunna get anywhere using just presets mate.

It's a sampler bud, go find some nice strings and get to tweaking or get familiar with synthesis, a lot of things that you learn with synthesis will carry over to what you can do with a sampler. Even the basics of it will help you immensely! I promise..

You will learn what types of waves produce what types of sound. What different types of synths there are, then you know which type would be best for the sound your trying to create. From there you can generate sounds. Then learn Modulation and what it does and is. Then learn what ADSR is and LFO's and how you can use them to modulate and Envelopes and what they do. I hope i don't sound like im dumbing you down and you may know this already but it sounds like your just looking for more sounds v.s taking the time and energy to actually learn how to make the sound you hear in your head. Sound design and synthesis is what separates artist who mainly sample and artist that make tracks that stick out. Don't get me wrong, loads of people sample but some of the best music is created with sound design, it always sounds more musical and original imho...

Again, nothing wrong with using samples either just learn your tools and how they work, that way when you are trying to get a certain sound, you know exactly how to go about making it with the tools you use, soon enough, you'll be cranking out sounds that you want quickly. It does take time though. Some people pick it up faster than others but ive found that you get back as much as you put in when it comes to music...

As others have pointed out, sylenth and massive are industry standard for a reason. There's nothing wrong with EXS24 either; I remember danny byrd saying it was the one plug in he couldn't live without.

You seem kind of surprised at the fact that you aren't able to load up a couple of presets in sylenth/massive, add a few 'netsky drum samples' (which don't exist) and instantly recreate his sound. He's been making electronic music since he was 12 ffs. o_O

if you want a realistic sounding synth go for omnisphere

or spend 2 grand on a hard synth. you'll then get like 64 oscilators so you can make some super serious real shit.

Last edited:
basicly mate, one thing your gonna learn being around here. stop trying to sound like someone else, i mean, what's the point. people will hear your tune a be like, oh, great, another fucking netsky.

just work on tunes & develop your own sound, that's how you'll get noticed & it's far far easier.

if you don't take that advice then your a dick

basicly mate, one thing your gonna learn being around here. stop trying to sound like someone else, i mean, what's the point. people will hear your tune a be like, oh, great, another fucking netsky.

just work on tunes & develop your own sound, that's how you'll get noticed & it's far far easier.

if you don't take that advice then your a dick

This, this and fucking this.

if you want a realistic sounding synth go for omnisphere

or spend 2 grand on a hard synth. you'll then get like 64 oscilators so you can make some super serious real shit.
Note regarding making more realistic sounds: Reverb them, reverb adds a more realistic feeling to the sounds and helps bind the song together. Reverb is one of many powerful tools that should be used.

Edit: Speaking of realistic sounds, Realguitar2 is a vst i'd recommend if you want to use guitar in your tunes. Its a plugin that is highly configurable and can give you real guitar sounds in forms of: single note, chords, power chords... etc.

Last edited:
I need a better reverb plugin. The fl studio stock one seems to sound almost metallic on most sounds.

Any suggestions? :D

I need a better reverb plugin. The fl studio stock one seems to sound almost metallic on most sounds.

Any suggestions? :D
You can remove the high pitch metallic sound by playing around with the settings on fruity reverb 2. I think its the high cut you need to lower to lowest and the one that decides delay and how big the reverbing sound is.

Back
Top Bottom