What type of soundcard do I need to record a mix?

Yeh phono to mini jack will do you fine. you dont need a soundcard for shit unless your laptop/computer is an absolute piece of crap

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I will say is tho do some test recordings first to get the levels right. I thought i nailed a mix way back and then listened to it to find one deck was only recording on the left speaker - 45 minutes down the shitter and became a very annoyed young chap!

I can't record directly through my laptop as the mic input/line in is broken.

Would it be worth buying a Focusrite external soundcard to record a high-quality mix? And if so, which model should I buy, I'm useless at this sort of thing.

Thanks

I can't record directly through my laptop as the mic input/line in is broken.

Would it be worth buying a Focusrite external soundcard to record a high-quality mix? And if so, which model should I buy, I'm useless at this sort of thing.

Thanks

do it mate, recording quality is ace, considering selling my saffire 6 usb if you're interested?

Yes, I agree. There is no much sense in spending too much on external soundcard used purely for recording. The Numark one is okish, but I would recommend Creative external soundcard as they offer better quality for the same money. Link

I got a little USB one from maplin, was like £20, works fine, used to use it for recording but now i got serato. I use it for streaming now because rane soundcards arent recognised as a windows soundcard :(

Yes, I agree. There is no much sense in spending too much on external soundcard used purely for recording. The Numark one is okish, but I would recommend Creative external soundcard as they offer better quality for the same money. Link

i have this one and it's sufficient to record a mix, you have the set the output volume from the mixer fairly low though

Back
Top Bottom