What tune or tunes got you into Drum & Bass?

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
For me it was back in 2003, when D.kay, episilon & Stamina's Barcelona was getting played on the radio loads, I didn't really think of it as Drum & bass, just a proper feel good tune. It was a refreshing style compared to the rock and garage that I used to listen to all the time.

I used to rinse the song all the time after recording it off the radio onto tape, and then didn't listen to anymore DNB until I was given Westfest 06 by a mate.

I haven't listened to Barcelona for about 4 years, because I think it may be ruined now I've heard more dnb, and want to keep it in my memory as it was 5 years ago.

Did anyone else have any tunes that hooked them in?

used to listen to a few dnb sets here and there, and some mix cds.
but i knew my life was over when i heard bingo sessions vol 1, namely it's on it's way into true romance. when that b line dropped i'd experienced something i never had done before.

pure sexual chocolate.

wikid thread! Erm yer defo, the first tune that caught my attention in terms of drum n bass was slam by pendulum. but the first proper tune that hooked me in was LK - Marky and Stamina. after that it was Fresh - All That Jazz and then Sub Focus - Airplane

For me it was back in 2003, when D.kay, episilon & Stamina's Barcelona was getting played on the radio loads, I didn't really think of it as Drum & bass, just a proper feel good tune. It was a refreshing style compared to the rock and garage that I used to listen to all the time.

I used to rinse the song all the time after recording it off the radio onto tape, and then didn't listen to anymore DNB until I was given Westfest 06 by a mate.

I haven't listened to Barcelona for about 4 years, because I think it may be ruined now I've heard more dnb, and want to keep it in my memory as it was 5 years ago.

Did anyone else have any tunes that hooked them in?

***EDIT***

The first track ever that got me locked to dnb was "its Jazzy"........ WHAT A TUNE!!!

Loads mate..... Loxy's "Nightmare"

Bad Company early relases.... when i first started DJ'n... the first 2 vinyls i ever bought were "The Nine" and "Planet Dust".... but while i was doin the MC thing i was well into their early stuff.....

Also not forgetting "ED 209"... cant remember who it was by, but to this day i still rinse that track on live sets... "please put donw your weapons.... you have 20 seconds to comply!!" hahahaha

Yana Kay - Remember Me (Ill skillz remix).

My ex used to listen to a bit of dnb and she played me that tune. Glad she did now :)

The first tape I ever heard was Dreamscape 12 Ray Keith which had Original Nuttah, Foul Play - Being With You, New Blood - Worries in the Dance and Champion Sound rinsed it to death

when I first started listening to tapepacks, I played the drop of No Time 2 Love - Marky & Bungle over 180 times, I was shocked when I saw the playcount on itunes

More or less 1 year ago, at a summer party and then 1 week later found it at a friend's house: Pendulum - Blood Sugar

Up next came Chase & Status - Hurt You

This is hard to answer coz I went Oldskool-Jungle-DNB all the way..but the first tune I classified as something really new and not really junglish was goddamn WARHEAD!:D

Keaton and Hive - Bring it on
I couldn't belive music could sound this good!coming from someone who had Britany Spears and Huge hits 99 on regular rotation in my cd player lol.

Back
Top Bottom