What to follow 'hit the road' with ... ?

Oria

After a near 10 year 'hiatus' i`ve dusted down the 1210's and bought a handful of new tunes in the liquid/atmosperic 'area' to complement my 96-99 collection.

So i know cheesey bootlegs are often shouted down as something for the disco but where i am i think it will be a requirement for playing out, there is simply no scene here in Cyprus.

The Hit The Road bootleg caught my ear in the store so i grabbed that and whilst i can bring it in comfortably after a few tunes i already have i`m struggling with what to follow it with !? Nothing in my old or new bag(s) seems to match it ... any ideas ?

I love that track too, but I also have difficult fitting it into a set. Ah well. It is sick though.

Edit: it's a genuinely good remix, the track's made really well around the accapella. It just works.

It

Is

An

Atrocity.

I'm sorry but it is the biggest rip off bootleg I've known. If you like it, that's fine, I'm not judging. But this tune is a humiliation to D&B and it's stuff like this that's making the scene look bad cos when it outsells the likes of Alix Perez and Logistics, hell, even Original Sin. Well you can imagine the frustration.

Again, nothing personal, I just hate tunes like this. :)

@ ac -> i know what you mean, the mixes of 'I Kissed A Girl' are in the same boat, but you have to understand its a case of 'horses for courses', and when the course is currently full of house, trance and popular rnb you need to be equipped in a certain way to catch ears before feeding them the core product. My opinion anyway ......

Last edited:
@ ac -> i know what you mean, the mixes of 'I Kissed A Girl' are in the same boat, but you have to understand its a case of 'horses for courses', and when the course is currently full of house, trance and popular rnb you need to be equipped in a certain way to catch ears before feeding them the core product. My opinion anyway ......

I see your reasoning, I have nothing against you for it. I'm just expressing my views on the particular tune. I was going to make a thread on it but I didn't see the point.

I hope it all goes well though. If I may offer some advice, ditch the whole bootleg thing altogether. If you want to get the crowd interested from the beginning, play something with a nice soft, synthy intro and some equally good vocals. Something with Die or Marky and Ben Westbeech. No Hats No Trainers or Shame would be a nice kick off. But whatever you need to do mate, it's all good. :)

Its no opening track i give you that. Like i said i've got a few that i feel comfortable (as in mood & energy) playing it after but am stumped with what to play after it without making a huge jump from the 'hit the road' energy ... at the end of the day if it doesn't fit in the set, it doesn't fit in the set !

:twisted: i can just 'see' the crowd in shock already :rinsed:

never know could work a treat hahaha to be honest i would drop something even bigger than that afterwards like culture shock rework to get the crowd going just keeping it on that happy vibe but getting away from the bootleg thing coz as someone has said on here already its not about bootlegs... but if your into them there's a tc brittany spears bootleg on sale at chemical records if your on it :D

...to be honest i would drop something even bigger than that afterwards like culture shock rework to get the crowd going just keeping it on that happy vibe
hence this thread !!

.. but if your into them there's a tc brittany spears bootleg on sale at chemical records if your on it :D
steady eddy !:boxing: :) Seriously, if the track was any good then i`d consider it regardless of source of samples, but that 'Toxic' one just doesn't float my boat. Ray Charles is a legend and that remix is pretty inoffensive !

Would like to have a few options to even consider playing it ... rather than the same old play a followed by b ... if it can be fit into the set then i`ll put it ... i`m no dnb nazi !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom