What to do if you've played a crap gig - frustration

Had a last-minute-emergency-save-my-ass call from a promoter on Saturday. Turned up instead of going to a party.

I got chucked off the decks because a friend of the owner wanted to play some eurohouse. Badly.

:gaywhite:

I told the promoter and owner to kiss my skinny white ass.

:shit_happ

He.

To sum up and after recent event.

Ive been djing for a very short time...

Less than a year as a dnb dj...

A little more as a ghettotech dj.

But I love dnb and any chance I get I play.

There have been some gigs where I've left unhappy with myself because I'm a perfectionist and I missed beats and brokes mixes. And I think of myself as a crap dj despite everything.

And there have been gigs where I left feeling on top of the world and people were telling me they had the night of the their lives.

I've played with my heroes and I've been spit on.

I'vw learnt a technique since I posted the first post: When you've played a good gig and you're really happy with yourself, make a weird physical movement, one that you don't make normally. Repeat until that movement binds with the memory.

:devilslay

And when you feel like shit, repeat that movement and you'll remember the good moment.

Last edited:
Dustek said:
I'vw learnt a technique since I posted the first post: When you've played a good gig and you're really happy with yourself, make a weird physical movement, one that you don't make normally. Repeat until that movement binds with the memory.

:devilslay

And when you feel like shit, repeat that movement and you'll remember the good moment.
that's actually a magic technique - congrats for learning

mr teknyne said:
take it out on somebody who cant defend themselves. an old lady or baby perhaps :twisted:
ITS NOT YOUR FAULT
hahahaha

if i play shit, seek and TAKE the md-player home, analyze and fix what caused the mistake

bad equipment is the leading factor in me fucking up. If I see that the equipment is bad I'll usually just mix really quick.I dunno, just practice more, and get tossed b4 playing that always helps me. I play best when I get drunk.

I don't think they need any more drugs...

Raves here are like a combination of old skool raves and mod parties - e and speed, love and violence.

Dustek said:
I don't think they need any more drugs...

Raves here are like a combination of old skool raves and mod parties - e and speed, love and violence.
it's the problem almost everywhere, isn't it?
people who actually want to hear the music own turntables....
the kids are there to get blasted, not to listen.
- not to speak of minorities here.

hektik said:
it's the problem almost everywhere, isn't it?
people who actually want to hear the music own turntables....
the kids are there to get blasted, not to listen.
- not to speak of minorities here.
Thats very sad indeed, here in the northwest states(Oregon, Washington) we(as in the elders of the scene) try to teach the kids that its about the music not the drugs. drugs are definatly more around in the all ages venues, but the 21+ venues people are more likely to have a few pints at the ost and rock their socks off.

Scene over in Europe definatly has more people in attendance but we are slowy building something that will have to be respected.
*Cough* Noisia *cough* Evol Intent....yeah thats us

jungle_slut said:
Thats very sad indeed, here in the northwest states(Oregon, Washington) we(as in the elders of the scene) try to teach the kids that its about the music not the drugs. drugs are definatly more around in the all ages venues, but the 21+ venues people are more likely to have a few pints at the ost and rock their socks off.

Scene over in Europe definatly has more people in attendance but we are slowy building something that will have to be respected.
*Cough* Noisia *cough* Evol Intent....yeah thats us

In addition to the ammount of people that go to parties over seas (I lived in Germany for a while) theres also less drugs involved at those parties.. mainly because those people show up ready to drink some pils (beer) and dance their asses off... or watch the dj's do their shit. I remember the 2nd party I went to in Mannheim, there was an out door area with a inflatable pool it was great... until someone accidently poped the pool with a ciggarett.....

9 times out of ten if you have played your normal ways then it is down to the crowd not feeling your style!

nothing can be done!

just make sure you rock the next one to get your confidence back up :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom