What to buy?

Badgerhunter

hey, I've recently I've taken an interest in djing so I've been messing around on virtual dj for about and hour and thought i might as well try it "properly". I don't want to save up for decks and a mixer for vinyls because its too expensive for me at the moment and i don't know if i will get into it to be honest. So I've been looking at the kind of "mini versions" don't know what they are really called but oh well. I was looking at a hurcules stuff and ion but loads of people said they were too simplistic really and you couldnt be very creative on them. So i eventually found behringer bcd3000. I know theres a lot of hate for behringer for some reason but could someone tell me if these are any good for the price? or is there something better at around that price. Also do these things come with all the cables and stuff to connect them up? Hate buying something and then not being able to use it because of one cable. :p Cheers for the read.

Probs didn't word it very well :p i kinda meant like i don't want to get some £200-300 on some turntables or cdjs and not being able to beat match (that the right term? o_O call me a noob anyway). I'd rather get something for use at home and just play around with to learn the basics.

My only real advice is to make sure you get a midi controller that supports jog and vinyl mode.

Went to my mates place at his uni and he has a shitty numark total control, and basically whenever you touched the jog wheel it just stopped, and whenever you moved it slightly it moved through the track way too fast. Even when i had spent an hour in the settings mapping the pitch bend keys to switch between jog and vinyl mode it was still shit. How are you supposed to beatmatch with these pieces of shit? Its like their TRYING to make you use the sync button.
Never missed my 1210's more in my life.

Personally i recomend just popping down your local pawn shop and picking up some cdj's. Some old gemini's or something will do the trick. Or check out ebay/gumtree for cheap cdj's and post back asking peoples opinions of ones you find.

I totally regret learning on a midi controller when i first started a few years back, it set me back SO much.

Cheers for the advice man :) Bad time to for cash generator to close down :/ chavs sold some good stuff to there. Plus it sounds quite ironic that it was called "total control" :P

Cheers for the advice man :) Bad time to for cash generator to close down :/ chavs sold some good stuff to there. Plus it sounds quite ironic that it was called "total control" :P

Yeah man, its a piece of shit.

Tbh, watch some vids on youtube of some people mixing and shit, and if it inspires you, then save up for a little longer and get some cheap cdj's. If it doesnt inspire you, mixing might not be your thing.

Back
Top Bottom