What to add/ take away from this track:

The sound that starts at 0:06 that goes throughout the track gets pretty lost in the mix when the drums come in.
The volume its at is fine and I'm sure you intended for it to sit back in the mix. It works best that way, but a lot of the different notes it hits simply don't cut through much. A slight EQ boost in the mids would help it sound more appealing throughout.

As for the percussion and bass, it depends on what you're going for.
It sounds fine as it is really.
If you want the ending to be a bigger change then changing the beat so the snare drum hits at a different location would do well. If you want something more powerful then creating another layer (perhaps with different samples) and stacking it on that one could do it.

When you say it like that, do you mean with the production or with the composition? (since I figure for the second, it would have been posted in the other section)

Arent production and composition the same thing?

I basically got what i wanted with the beat etc now i need to fatten it up..

I was thinking about adding another clap in the then eq to fit in then add fx?

mybe turn down the hats and add a lil more shuffle?

Put some high passed bongo drums in half way through the build up and enter agen half way through drop?

change melody heard at the begining..

what else do you think i would need to add/ change matey?!

Nono.
Composing is writing the music.
Producing is making it - as in recording, mixing, etc.

With genres like this, some people will compose it as they program it, so I can see where the confusion on that might be but they're still two separate things so I wasn't sure if you wanted advice on your track in terms of how you wrote it or just the mixing production. xD Because sometimes people might like their track just the way it is so only want opinions on the mixing.

But yeah, I'd say try out all the things you just listed. They might do it some good.

The only other thing I'd say is up the synth that comes in at 0:46. It sounds good but it could sit much higher up in the mix so it's more noticeable.
Also, on that same measure like at 0:44.
What I could hear coming in that would fit this track really well is to have like a somewhat high sound that sounds sort of like a voice I guess? A voice with enough manipulation might do it though. I really don't know how to describe it. I can't think of an example. But having it come in right after the fade-in and then having a fast echo delay on the track could sound great.

A thick wobbly synth line at 1:28 would sound nice too. Just a line that plays 5ths or something that rides on top of the bassline (maybe the same progression even.)

Last edited:
ye kl man nice one for your help, gunna try out ya tips soon, i downloaded some bongo drums and they sound sweet as, do you have aim?

Back
Top Bottom