What they thought...

Microlab

...about this track:
http://zedstatic.cbc.ca/users/s/Spasmo/files/spasmo_spasm.mp3

...was...

Top shelf as always from you guys.
Pure pro material
-
sounds amazing too me.....great drum work.....reminds on squarepusher (without the deep basses)....like the retro feelin' in it (the vocals,the zap an the drums,....)
best drum'n'bass work i heard on RS
good work
-
was sounding good up untill bar 145. then you have a break up of beats, that i feel needs work on them ,
but still and entertaining track,
very dirty maybe a little to dirty for my tasts..
-
Top notch stuff! really Q++, good track all the way!
-
Quite crazy. I wouldn't call it tech step, it's too much variation in it. Restless and nervous, not everyone's favorite. Nice beats (strange sweeping noise in the beat, though.)
I don't know..... As always it's great produced and there's some work behind it, I can tell.
-
great tune!
drum programming with all the breaks, cuts and fills is superb.
-
I think this is a great song!Good sound!
-
The mp3 link didn't work...but no fear the rps is as clear as a bell! It's *very* powerful but although much better then most D&B on RS it isn't as good as previous Microlab D&B ventures. The programming is great, the sound Q is probably your best yet but the overall content while good isn't great (like your others). Overall mark is 8.5/10
-
Nice track. Some grate programing, and its nice to hear it pay off.
Im not sure on how i will rate this beacouse im not up to scratch on the d+b scene so im rating this 10 beacouse its the best i have heard yet of d+b on rs
Good work
-
At first reaction I was blown away by the song. Unfortunately it gets boring. The beats are very interesting but that simple synth line gets way too repetitive. Your beats are the strongest part. Also I love the buildup near the end. Its just that the song doesn't explode like I expected it to. I think if you incorporated more ideas with the synths like on Dieselboy' and Co (Weapon)'s song, you would be ridiculous! Also, the song could hit harder, just more of a punch to it. 8 but keep it up man you rawk.
-
mp3 - u need doctor!
-
kicks arse!!!!!!!!!!
-
This is sick, even the rps is sooooo clear!! Very pro man! Keep them coming like this!!
-
Very good. Crazy programming
-
Very beatiful Pads(!) and vocals. I love the many details at the drumloop, great work. I think this is the typicall spasm style and sound(maybe i´m wrong!) and it sounds really powerfull!!!
Some guys here are dislike the end i love it...nothing more to add.
Cheers 9.5
-
absolute killer track. crazy MF!
-
Listening to the mp3. This sounds nice. The mixdwon is what I'm most impressed with. The levels are perfect. I'mma hafto check the rps later to do some studying. This type of track is not mys tyle but its ok. Some of the bass sounds sound great others sounds a bit too generic. Like they're too "wet" if you know what I mean. Good track anyway. Keep it up.
-
Verry cool!!!
nothing else to say
-
wow!!!! square crusher !!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
-
Good attention to detail and engineering etc. but I expect that from you now adays. The tune was impressive but a little boring... i'd say about high 8 rating.
-
To tell you the truth... I'm not into DnB style, but still, I can tell that this one is very highly produced... the sound I mean... so 8.
-
Like the tune. shame about the harsh reveiw you gave my tune(terminator). the beats i sliced up at my mates studio using hardware cus it makes them sound harder and the rest i produced in reason.
-
I'm with David B - Drum and Bass like this is just not my thing, but I can't do nothing but give you a high mark, because if the Jaw dropping sounds and production - technically, light years ahead of most of the people here. I'm reviewing the MP3, but will download the .rps later to study ;)
-
Kompozicija da mozhet i rulet :) no zvuki matj ih lamerskie osobeno eti hitex 16 bitnie :) lol polnij , tancevat po etogo nerealno :) just say aphex twin rulit :) i vobshe tech drum ludshe poljube
-
Oh yea...great beatZ, great synthZ...fuck great overall!
Dont like end...want to hear it longer! ;( ok restaaart!
Great tune man, wicked stuff!!! respect
-
spasm.
-
Damn my first 10, and it's on a drum&bass tune !!! For the records I'm not really into d&b but after listening to this tune, it's hard not to like it. Simply brilliant, both musically and technically. Full marks.
-
waow !!!!awesome programming!!!!!!realy pro song, a must :) 11+
-
T RACKS is wicked.. oh god.. everyone is using that "talkany" program .. getting fucking annoying... "Cut the midrange drop the base" by "cylob" was one of, if not the first track to use it..
nice.. u put it through the orange vocoder... im blasting this tune through my speakers right now.. sounds wicked..
-
Nice tweeked vocodered vox! Pads sit real nic in the mix....Really like that zap you layered on the snare hitz. Very intricate drumz all around....+ thundering basses!
-
I'm going to agree with what a lot of keokie666 said. All the same, it is masterful programming, as usual. The break section around 156 is definately experimental; I don't know if it's so successful musically though. I've heard better from you musically, but this is a hell of a lot of top-notch pain-in-the-ass style programming. It'll be the first time I don't give you a 10. Bravo all the same.
-
nice controls ... Digidesign maybe ?
nice work ..
-
That's some programing! ! !Well done piece of DnB , ruff bassline , bengin'beatZ ! well deserved 10
-
Sorry agree with Zerion. Its almost 10 but.......
-
wicked.
-
Oh fuck. Well done song!
-
Hey Microlab, a nice piece of Drum N Bass here, good work mate.
-
he he he...EXCELLENT!!!
-
Ok i'll rate because you asked me to.Nice track.Quality is very good.I find this less interesting than your previous release tho.Maybe because of all the intervals.Kinda breaks things uo.And the feel to this track is less powerfull.Mostly to do with personal taste because it is good quality you got here.Cool stuff!
-
Wow Spasmo……….POWERFULL drum & bass.
An involuntary and abnormal muscular contraction. A sudden violent and temporary effort or emotion. Great words for a great production.
Respect~DIGI~
-
sick tune
-
OMFG! That synth you use on the middle of the song is absolutely great! Always loved those kind of "melodies". Gritty stuff, once more. Congrats.
-
Yep, another well produced composition. I like it!
-
There ya go. Perfect in my opinion. The drums are just sick...very much like squarepusher. I love the beat starting, stopping. Make more like this!
-
i disagre with keokie666, sounds very clean to me, even the distortion is in perfect proportions, as far as originality goes, i guess it just depends on what you listen to, sounds a bit like tipper, but still very fresh. a great tune, outstanding in fact,
-
cool experimental abstract dnb thing goin' on
-
I always rate your stuff leagues above a lot of other dnb I have ever heard or listened to. Your production easily outshines any other Reason based producer I have ever heard (myself included without tooting my own horn). Although I am not a fan of frantic misshapen dnb, I enjoyed this.
The only reason I didn't give this a 10 is because of the fractured nature of this track, but that's just my musical preferences shining through ;)
Great work.
-
ok. high detail on the drums i suppose. but the main line got really boring. also, the bridge sounded like riot..... so i felt kind of like you were just recycling what you already know got high reviews. i dunno.... it's better than anything i could ever do.... but it's just not great in my opinion. also the synths sounded kind of cheap, like 16 bit video game noises or something that a guy like ak1200 or deiselboy would use..... the only thing that i felt was like squarepusher was the drums.
overall, this tune really lacked originality.. you even said yourself "i've been listening to alot of squarepusher"..... and as i stated, the synths/lines just sounded like recycled from riot..... i wish you would do something new/different....... :-/ :(
sorry, no hard feelings i hope.......
P.S. i am probably reviewing you harder 'cause i have such high expectations from you because of your high quality tunes you put out before...
-
OH MY GOD!!! You were already bad, now you're a GOD!!! Nuff said
-

from the site www.reasonstation.net

What do you think?

JT,
Spasmo

Back
Top Bottom